A colourful Thud - Trumpeter conversion F-105B Thunderchief 54-0107 1/72

Glad my B kit went to a good home, far better than I could have done with it. I'm only just learning weathering but I've found I prefer powders as there is a way back if you feel you've overdone it.

Absolutely, Ross, although it was a shame to trash the kit. Overall the Trumper produces a more accurate model, although it does suffer from a very slight error in the depth of the fuselage at the front end. It really isn't too much to be concerned about snd still beats all other contenders on overall build quality (apart from the awful "rivets" ). 

Martin

• Like 1

Martin, simply stunning F-105B, your NMF and the nose conversion are amazing and inspiring.  I apologize for my tardiness to this forum & my snail pace builds 🙂 I really appreciate you picking a NMF scheme for this build.  I find the initial NMF Century aircraft to be some of the most colorful and aesthetically beautiful aircraft to ever fly with the USAF--simply put, you do this frequently unrepresented era along with the men and women who defended the U.S. and democracy right--your replicas in miniature are stunning!  Now I just got to get my butt in gear and finish that F-4D 🙂 As always, thank you for sharing... Best, Erwin   

• Like 1

Thanks a million Erwin @VT Red Sox Fan. I agree, that era produced some great machines, from the UK, the US, France and the USSR. They offer seemingly endless possibilites for the modeller. :). To me the 50s/60s was the best era for fast jets as well as other types.

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...