Who are the UK distributors for Vallejo

nheather

Hi,

Anyone know who is the UK distributer of Vallejo.  Recently bought seven bottles from Wayland Games, six are fine one is faulty.  Thought it was going to be a simple replacement but Wayland Games are being awkward.

So thinking of contacting the distributer directly.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather

It's got nothing legally to do with the distributor, you bought the paint from Wayalnd, they have the legal obligation to sell goods which are fit for purpose.  They (Wayalnd) would then claim for the faulty product from the distributor.

Whats, wrong with it and what's Wayalnd reason for not replacing it, it's only a few £?    

It's like it is all media and hardly any pigment.  It looks fine in the bottle but when you brush it, all semblence of colour disappears, even after 3 or 4 coats there is barely anything there.

The best way I can describe it is a bottle of white paint but is actually PVA glue.  It looks white in the bottle, it looks white when you squirt it on the palette but when you paint it all whiteness disappears.

For me it is a bit of a principle.  If I could buy the stuff locally I'd probably just chuck it in the bin and buy another bottle.  But since I have to mail order I'd have to pay postage and packing so it would end up 2x or 3x the price.

Wayland Games haven't said they won't replace they are just be awkward about it.  They want me to provide a photo of the fault - puzzled by this, and yes they want me to take a picture of something that I have painted which shows up the fault.  So they can then go back to the supplier to see if there is a problem with the batch and once they have done that and the supplier has confirmed something is wrong then they will replace my paint.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather

Sounds like very old stock or it's been in prolonged sunlight of something.    Why wont they change it or is it because you've got to take it back to them and can't for some reason?  They should just replace or refund, it should be easy to prove what you're saying?

Edited by Kev The Modeller

Didn't someone else report a similar problem recently? I can't remember if it was on this forum or somewhere else. If so it sounds like it could  be a bad batch.

Roger.

Lol, it was you on Saturday Nigel. Sorry, I knew it rang a bell for some reason. 😆

Edited by Roger Newsome
Further investigation.
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Sounds like very old stock or it's been in prolonged sunlight of something.    Why wont they change it or is it because you've got to take it back to them and can't for some reason?  They should just replace or refund, it should be easy to prove what you're saying?

It's mail order - the only way I can buy Vallejo and if I'm honest, most of my supplies.

It's one bottle, £1.95 so posting it back whether I pay or they pay is not realistic. I think they will replace eventually but they appear to be making it as awkward and long-winded as possible.

If I could just walk into a shop and buy a replacement I would right it off.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes, I get the distance thing and it's one of the possible downsides to mail order.   Just don't use them anymore try these snmstuff I've used them many times no issues including getting things changed/replaced in this instance they would send me another,  they're also have a shop near Farnborough :yes:  Could be some distance from you but, you could make a pilgrimage.       

26 minutes ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Yes, I get the distance thing and it's one of the possible downsides to mail order.   Just don't use them anymore try these snmstuff I've used them many times no issues including getting things changed/replaced in this instance they would send me another,  they're also have a shop near Farnborough :yes:  Could be some distance from you but, you could make a pilgrimage.       

Think they have closed their shop now - just mail order.  A year or so ago I got quite excited when I found them as their shop is not a million miles away only to discover it is no more - not cost effective.

Thinking of moving to humbrol because at least I can get those in Hobby Craft.  But a little put off because the humbrol paint that came in an Airfix starter set this Christmas was dreadful - really grainy.

Cheers,

Nigel