Sea Venom.FAW.21. "Waved off"

Morning folk's back with number three build as promised keeping the Royal Navy theme  but a change of scale,I'm doing a couple of other GB's with 1/72

subject's including Airfix's Vampire T11 which led me to images of the Venom then to the fact a good few retailer's are knocking out this kit at a very

reasonable £11:99 so ordered today from King Kit my fave pre -owned dealer.It has accuracy issues but don't we all,History tell's me it served at home

in the Med and Atlantic as well as Suez.As it's rude not to order kit's in pair's I also ordered HB's Sea Hawk in the same scale which may make the GB too.

100799-11185-16-pristine

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Yes a little mis-shapen but as you say aren't we all :lol: 

Kit arrived Col,certainly look's a beauty so once I get the two Dakota's finished I'll make a start.The Seahawk was a suprise as it was a different

boxing to what was shown thankfully the West German scheme is eligable and might make a nice change to the usual RN scheme so in she goes.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Morning all,started this one over the weekend,so far I'm very impressed with this my first Cyberhobby kit,fit and detail's good for the scale.

paintedthe cockpit and drybrushed the detail's added tape belt's so it look's busy enough for me.a full engine is supplied but not showing it

so the upper panel was glued in place,I really like the one piece booms too.Nice touch with the PE wing fences.

20190325_104538

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Sounds as if you're enjoying this one Steve :) 

I am Col,nice being backin 1/72 again,I ordered a couple of Heller Vampire's and a Saab J21 all for a princly £15 quid so with the Vampire's in the NATO GB

a bit of a twinboom fest at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I am Col,nice being backin 1/72 again,I ordered a couple of Heller Vampire's and a Saab J21 all for a princly £15 quid so with the Vampire's in the NATO GB

a bit of a twinboom fest at the moment.

There's a Heller SAAB J-21 in my stash which almost made it to the bench for this GB. Looks to be a nice kit so it sounds as if you got a bargain bunch there :speak_cool:

• Like 1

Hi folk's,the first glitch with this build surfaced with the fitting of the nose cone,it was bad! I had to cut off the lip and butt join it added the nose

weightand as you can see a fair bit of filler was needed for a smooth base for the primer,still enjoying it so hope to prime over the weekend.

20190404_105419

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Col. said:

Looks as if you're on a Vampire/Venom-fest there Steve.

That I am Col,this one took a bad turn tonight I was just adding the last few pieces as I plan a mass primer session tomorrow when I noticed

the intake's were missing two plates on the inside per side,looking at the sprue's the part's were their but at no point are they mentioned in the

instruction's but they are shown in place on the wing assembly section so a bit of creative thinking needed.

• Like 1

Hopefully that doesn't cause you too much hardship or delay Steve. Bit of an unfortunate oversight by the manufacturer though.

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Hopefully that doesn't cause you too much hardship or delay Steve. Bit of an unfortunate oversight by the manufacturer though.

All sorted Col,bit fiddly but got them in and now under primer.

• Like 1

Hi folk's,after the first primer coat more filler and sanding was required,now about as good as I can get it so final coat before the  top colour's

are applied.

20190410_105428

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Everything is looking smooth there Steve so no nasty surprises in store for the proper paintwork I'm sure :thumbsup:

Cheer's Col,here's hoping!

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Looking good Steve. I love a Sea Venom - really wish we had a good one in 1/48.

Thank's Z,I'll second that maybe Airfix one day but the money's on Trumpeter they have the Seahawk,Attacker and Sea Vixen in the range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zebra said:

Looking good Steve. I love a Sea Venom - really wish we had a good one in 1/48.

Yip, as Steve says, "Oi, Airfix..."

• Like 1

This looks a lot nicer than the FROG version that I built back when I was a lad (but that's not saying much ;)).

I'm looking forward to seeing the paint.

15 hours ago, CliffB said:

This looks a lot nicer than the FROG version that I built back when I was a lad (but that's not saying much ;)).

I'm looking forward to seeing the paint.

I'm thinking of the Frog venom for the upcoming GB Cliff never seen or built one .

• Like 1

Morning folk's,first hour at the bench for a good few day's,underside's sprayed white and masked for the gray,gone well need's a touch up

here and there.

20190424_103739

• Like 3