Junkers 52 Medical

Erwin

9 hours ago, bbudde said:

Hello I will look at this one. Should be stress free more or less. Cheers

Well, that's put the kiss of death on the project! Don't listen to him Erwin. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to following this build.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Well, that's put the kiss of death on the project! Don't listen to him

Come on Mr. Tentacle. Just because I caught up  your cousin with a dragnet on illegal drugs?  :bobby::police: !!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Well, that's put the kiss of death on the project! Don't listen to him Erwin. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to following this build.

Martian 👽

It has !!

Some of the pins to hold the flaps broke off.Will have to replace them .

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

The reason why one of my Ju52 has stalled for many years but i managed to finish two Italeri, one Airfx and one Heller. With this I said that I like this plane and will follow this.

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

It has !!

See @bbudde, what did I say! Now go and help Erwin mend his flaps you wicked child.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Does anyone have leftover red crosses for this one ?

The decals in my kit look(are) old.So I fear they might not work to well.

Maybe from this sheet ?

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 2

Decals on that surface isn't fun to deal with. A tip if you opt to mask and paint them, the red cross consists of five squares. I never was able to get them to look right until I learned that so now it is easy to mask and paint them.

Edited by Orso
  • Like 2

As above, I would try to paint them. It should be easier than dealing with a decal and much decal solution on that surface. Cheers

Ps:      x            

x x x  

x

The center square (all same size) is the most important and the first one to get it in the middle of the roundel.

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1

The main build,with dryfitted roof, is done and primed with light gray.

I intend to paint the fuselage first.Then add the cabine clear parts.And then place the roof.

That way I won't splash any paint on the windows.

53747564_1954860504639946_32744100735012

• Like 7

Good plan. I also opened the cargo doors. Allows a good view inside. I think my roof part was a bit warped. It didn't sit down well. Mine you it did take ten years to build and two paint schemes before it was done.

• Like 3

ju52_207.JPG

I used the Italeri ambulance interior on a Heller kit. I also left the cargo doors open for it to be visible even though I normally never build planes with open canopy's .

B.t.w. Thanks for starting this kit. It made me remember that I forgot to add my plane to my home page and while fixing that i found a couple of other that also was missing.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Orso said:

I used the Italeri ambulance interior on a Heller kit. I also left the cargo doors open for it to be visible even though I normally never build planes with open canopy's .

B.t.w. Thanks for starting this kit. It made me remember that I forgot to add my plane to my home page and while fixing that i found a couple of other that also was missing.

Nice progress. I see that the Heller kit has an extra door in front too

Isn't Heller the same as Airfix ?

Edited by Erwin

On 3/20/2019 at 8:29 AM, bbudde said:

As above, I would try to paint them. It should be easier than dealing with a decal and much decal solution on that surface. Cheers

The center square (all same size) is the most important and the first one to get it in the middle of the roundel.

It doesn't have to be correct .If I decide to paint it,I might do square white's.Much easier to paint the cross.

The paint scheme I have in mind is a bit of "fantasy". Still Luftwaffe.

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 1

No they are different kits. The Heller kit is probably the best Ju52 in 1/72 scale. It has finer corrugation than the Airfix and Italeri kits. That makes it almost impossible for me to use it when building civilian objects. I don't know how to replace the finest variant of corrugation on the Heller kit. My ambulance is finished in an all white livery D-TABX so it ended up in the civilian section of my home page

34 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Isn't Heller the same as Airfix ?

As above. No, three different kits. The Heller is the best one imho . Then Italeri(e) with all its sub variants released.Then  Airfix. A solid kit for the 60'/70'.

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1

This is a good topic on the different kits...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234911019-junkers-ju-523m-kit-compariso

I went for the Italeri as this has the red cross decals.And it was only 10 Euros at a convention.

I'm building this for the contest in my club.

Each year we pick a different theme.This year is "Red Cross". Hence my Ju 52 as I only build planes.

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 1