Car Boot Phantom

I don't build many big grey jets, but when my son came home from a car boot sale having found this rather box battered kit thrown in with a bag of old PC computer games I could not believe my luck. £20 sealed the deal so it is a real bargin. Contents were all fine, and the decal sheet was the real motivation, I don't know how old this particuler boxing is but it went together without problems. Painted with extracolor enamals and humbrol satincote.

32454836507_afc8268da3_h.jpgPhantom by

47396618261_1f63584037_h.jpgUntitled by peter crossman, on Flickr46481628465_9d9a91a883_h.jpgUntitled by peter crossman, on Flickr46481629175_c9ccf39eb4_h.jpgUntitled by peter crossman, on Flickr46481631075_ecdea89062_h.jpgUntitled by peter crossman, on Flickr

pictures taken on ipad, sorry about the quality.

• Like 54

The standard of builds posted on here never fails to amaze me. This is another build of the highest standard. The paintwork on the pilots is unbelievable!

• Thanks 1

Incredible work!

Looks awesome with the crew onboard and the canopies up.

So glad to see that this kit found a good home with a skilled builder to do it justice.

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

Wow! Nice find... Kudos to your son for that. Kudos to you on a great build and paint job though! I'm curious about the scale too, though I'm guessing it's a 1:72. Superb! 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Wow! Nice find... Kudos to your son for that. Kudos to you on a great build and paint job though! I'm curious about the scale too, though I'm guessing it's a 1:72. Superb! 👍

Hi Benji, it’s 1/48 scale, my old(ish) eyes struggle with 1/72 these days, certainly was a bargain, who puts a kit like this in a car boot? Have sent the boy back out to search for more!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Hi Benji, it’s 1/48 scale, my old(ish) eyes struggle with 1/72 these days, certainly was a bargain, who puts a kit like this in a car boot? Have sent the boy back out to search for more!

That's what I thought, crazy find. A mega bargain for a 1:48! Too right haha... Get him back out on the hunt. I haven't been to a carboot for about 15 years but now you've got me thinking. Keep up the good work Farmerboy... You do those 'big grey jets' proud

• Thanks 1