Blitzbuild 2019 Part 1 Chat

Must be brilliant to just pop in to your local model shop. Is it quite a big store Steve?..I’m about 25 miles from mine. I was wondering, does this mean you are able to keep your stash to a minimum as you just need to “just popping out to get milk” and go 5 doors along to lift whatever you fancy, or does it mean your stash is huge because your faced with several must buys every time you go? 

So so inconsiderate people making plans for us on blitz build weekend...even though it’s on the countryfile calendar in the kitchen SWMBO has invited the in-laws for Sunday roast, which I do slow over 6 hours, working till 10pm tomorrow unless held on, then I don’t get the Monday bank holiday. 

00:00:01 on Saturday morning and will either be a 24hr or 2 midnight start sessions...I just love the blitz build

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

00:00:01 on Saturday morning and will either be a 24hr or 2 midnight start sessions...I just love the blitz build

That's real dedication - spoken like a real trooper!

• Like 2

Well I just bought a $9 1/144 scale He177 on a whim from a model shop in Denver, so I will build that this weekend! I know nothing at all about it. No pictures cos it’s already checked into the hold for a flight back to Blighty. 

Time to do a bit of internet research and see what I’ve let myself in for. See you at the weekend!

[edit - the only thing I can find on t’interweb is a die cast so it might be that. Since plugging wings and undercarriage together doesn't really qualify for blitzbuilding I may have to delve into the stash...]

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 15:48, Valkyrie said:

even though it’s on the countryfile calendar in the kitchen SWMBO has invited the in-laws for Sunday roast, which I do slow over 6 hours

That's what the takeaway menu is for.  :D 

• Haha 2

Well this is what my mystery He177 looks like:

4-EDDD38-D-F407-4-D82-AB08-FBB71-E2-EF341375-A37-B-AA1-B-44-DA-96-CF-40-B02-C706

9-F6-A0-E89-57-F7-4-F04-823-C-D220-BFFCC

5-AA7-A910-41-B0-4564-A585-1-D6-F6-A2-CD

D750805-B-AA06-44-C5-9218-E28-E445-E3-DB

It’s a smashing little model but I don’t think I could cope with its weirdness for a Blitzbuild (plus the paint scheme is better than my standard), so I am going to raid the stash in a minute and see what there is.

Regards,

Adrian

I hadn't previously signed up for this, but since I have three Tigers on the go for another GB plus two clocks and a mini Viking sea chest to build this weekend, I'll be needing something to fill the gaps in my schedule :D 

On that basis, can I throw my hat into the ring with a Zvezda 1/100 Dingo?

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Haha 2

You could try imgur.com    I'm currently having issues with photo uploads as well. Imgur seems to be a valid alternative.  Just don't make the images too big.  If an image is more than about 2MB, imgur applies a lossy compression algorithm.

Wow - how did I miss this one...

Good luck folks - I have been having a browse of everyone's progress with some coffee and crumpets.  I have left it too late to take part I think, as I'm just settling down to watch the Monaco GP on the telly.

Happy modelling guys and gals - Steve

• Like 1

Looks like I didn't get my completed photos into the gallery quickly enough.  Should have done so before I went to bed after finishing 😛 .  It was fun all the same, looking forward to voting!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Beggsy said:

Looks like I didn't get my completed photos into the gallery quickly enough.  Should have done so before I went to bed after finishing 😛 .  It was fun all the same, looking forward to voting!

That's a real shame Beggsy - the Polikarpov and the sandwiches looked great - not to mention the Budgies.  I nearly missed the deadline myself - due to slow drying varnish - which was compounded by my tank literally EXPLODING as I pressed the track sides into place.  I made it with 15 minutes to go - after having to glue the thing back together again / touch up loads of paint chips and apply ANOTHER layer of varnish - to disguise all the fingerprints and chips...

Fun and games eh :doh: Steve

• Like 2

Another great BlitzBuild chaps and chapesses. I have been in from the first and love them. A great variety of builds this year & still no Star Wars like the first one. Been loving the banter, drooling over people’s meals and getting jealous over the clocks. 

Roll on BlitzBuild 2, All hail @Enzo Matrix

• Like 6

A very enjoyable weekend's modelling, banter, chat and a grumbling tummy looking at other people's scran.

Not even the tribulations of using Flickr could scupper it.

A big thank you to @Enzo Matrix for hosting.

August awaits us!

• Like 2

Yet another superb blitz build weekend. Was a good band of participants and great banter. Food was good too. Thanks Enzo and well done to everyone who took part. Roll on August 

• Like 2

Hello all,

the poll is now open.  It will close at midnight UK time on Sunday 9 June.

As usual, no prizes in this GB but every entry gets multiple Modelling Karma points.

I thoroughly enjoy hosting these things.  Everyone joins in with the same spirit and nobody takes it too seriously.  People just enjoy it.  That's how modelling should be! :) 

So what now?   Well, you could start planning your next Blitzbuild.  You only have 12 weeks to go.  It'll be here before you know it.  :thumbsup:

Many thanks to all who entered, whether you finished or not. 

• Thanks 2

Has been totally fab, really enjoyable and great watching everyone’s coming together. It’s 109 for me in August....

• Like 1