Blitzbuild 2019 Part 1 Chat

Just a quick reminder of the first 2019 Blitzbuild GB.  This one will run from Saturday 25 May to midnight on Monday 27 May.  It fits nicely around the bank holiday.  The second BBGB will run over the August bank holiday.

Although the GB runs for three days, you don't actually get three days to finish your model.  You get 24 hours!   

This can be done in two ways:

1.  The Superhero Option   Complete your model in a single 24 hour time slot

2.  The Other Option      Complete your model in two 12 hour slots, seperated by no more than 12 hours.  Still pretty heroic, if you ask me.  :D  You can start on the Saturday and finish on the Sunday or start on the Sunday and finish on the Monday. 

Start a WIP thread with a start photo showing the time, ( a mobile phone/tablet screen/computer screen will suffice), then as many progress pics as you want (but at least six) and finally a finish photo again showing the time.

Bonus kudos points will be given for uniqueness of the clock, the on-plate presentation of the meals to be consumed and other things like great music videos etc. All the while remembering this is a family friendly forum ...

25% Rule: This is a short GB intended to showcase speed building skills with an unstarted kit. Therefore, the 25% rule is suspended for this GB. All kits must be unstarted, although removal of main components from the runners is acceptable.

All the othe usual GB rules apply, the most important being to have fun.  It's The Law!  :smartass:

So...   what will you build?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a brilliant weekend this is, glad there are 2 this year, really fun to be involved in and the food pictures are always interesting too. Really exciting GB and always like watching others building at 4am or 24hrs solid.

last year was an Airfix Me 109 in 1/72 and can’t believe I finished it..

43566525824_5a6e7b330f_b.jpg

This Year for BBGB1....Argentinian A-4 Skyhawk of some sort....

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in please. I failed to finish the last one at the final hurdle, and so it's time to give it another bash.

The last one was a parasol-wing jobbie, and so we'll try again with the Arma Hobby 1/72 Fokker E.V. The junior set - no time for photo-etch!

I'll be going for the easy option over two days I think :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Beggsy said:

I'm in!  I've nothing small in my stash, so I guess that's an excuse to head to the local model shop! :D

Remember there are two of these builds this year so stock up when you are there, give yourself plenty of options lol

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in with a 144 Phantom, & Little H is in with her Spitfire. She is currently deciding what paint scheme to go with after her “Minecraft” Sherman from last year. 

resized_dd85e5e4-2693-4900-b641-e886da7c

• Like 4

On 3/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Valkyrie said:

What a brilliant weekend this is....

I could not agree more. I will finish a model hopefully. I won't have to worry about an Airfix Mustang for a whole three days! I'm delighted too that we're having two of these this year.

I'm planning on trying this in a 24 hour slot:

https://flic.kr/p/TBkqib

That was a picture of the Brengun 1/72 Chelomey 16KhA, which is a sort of souped-up soviet V-1. Is there some new trick to get embedded images to display following the server move?

Alan 

Edited by Angus Tura
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The Postie brought me this today:-

pgvTBiWkotyeOq_LxyD4vtpCm4z9ATMqzfCxF-a7

So, I'm set to go.  It's an old kit and it shows in places, but it should look OK in the end.  I'll definitely not be using the figures 'cos they're rubbish.

Dave.

• Like 3

Really can’t wait and in anticipation after deciding I would build a 1/72 Bf-Me 109 in both blitz builds I’ve starting buying every Airfix boxing. Enzo can we have 4 blitz builds please. 4 canopy masks which are a must for this type of time scale building arrived from Poland.

40908496053_a8e507a6cf_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 2

I'm unsure I'll have the time...but if I do I've got a 1/72 Tamiya Bell X-1 that would be perfect for this build in more ways than 1.

• Like 1

Forgot all about this one and after last year's failure I'm determined to finish this time,I don't have a stash so a trip to the LMS is on the card's!

• Like 2

Bad news I am having to work over those two days so it looks like i am going to have to withdraw I have plenty of kits but I just may not have the  time but I will see what I can do.

If I do get the time here's my victim.spacer.png

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, peterairfix said:

Bad news I am having to work over those two days so it looks like i am going to have to withdraw I have plenty of kits but I just may not have the  time but I will see what I can do.

If I do get the time here's my victim.spacer.png

There’s a really bad cold virus going about Peter, start coughing now and come Friday you are sure to be sent home with man flu ha ha.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, peterairfix said:

That sucks Peter.  I know how that work thing goes all to well of late.  Fortunately I'm coming out the back end of a hectic time so I'll have a little bit of a life back for the summer.

• Like 1

Off tomorrow so popping into my LMS,I bought the Provost T4 last week for the Trainer's GB and I know it's a prime candidate for this GB but doubt he will have re-stocked

already failing that it will be whatever I think can be done as I'm at work this weekend 2-10 so the plan is Sunday morning with maybe an odd hour after 10 depending on the

morning's progress,Monday I'm off but the missus has plan's so It'll be a case of grabbing what time I can at the bench.Can't wait though

• Like 2