Canadair CL 415 AModel 1/144

Hi all,

this is my first finished of the year.

The model is rather correct in shape apart rear engine fairing where I removed 1.5 mm in height,

Decals come from the excellent Syhart sheet, the only issue was that they refused to  slide as they should and apply the "Sécurité civile" ones was a nigthmare.

ly6a6121.jpg

ly6a6122.jpg

ly6a6123.jpg

ly6a6116.jpg

ly6a6117.jpg

ly6a6118.jpg

ly6a6119.jpg

ly6a6120.jpg

I hope you enjoy.

Alain

• Like 48
  • Thanks 2

Absolutely beautiful model Alain. Difficult to believe that this is 1/144 scale. Exquisitely built and painted.

Despite the problems with the decals, the result is superb.

Cheers

Malcolm

Very, very nice.  Very hard to believe that it is 144th.  Brings back memories of watching them at Marseilles airport...

Regards

Tim

Very nice!. Not very often we see fire fighters here and especially Canadair 215 and 415. 

I have one all but finished. I am wanting to do it in the earlier red stripe finish but in Spanish Air Force markings. Thinking of utilising the red striping from the Syhart set and finding suitable Spanish markings for the rest.

That's a stunning result in that scale !

By coincidence, I today pulled the 1/72 Heller kit of the 415 out of the stash, only to find the instructions missing - a show sale purchase.

Hooray for sites that allow you to download the requisite instruction sheet; if mine looks half as good as yours, I'll be well pleased.

Rog

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that is an amazing build!! I have built this kit too and had quite a lot of trouble with it, but in the end it turned out ok. Yours is much better than mine!

With late, thanks again for all your kind comments.

On 3/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, Paul J said:

Very nice!. Not very often we see fire fighters here and especially Canadair 215 and 415. 

I have one all but finished. I am wanting to do it in the earlier red stripe finish but in Spanish Air Force markings. Thinking of utilising the red striping from the Syhart set and finding suitable Spanish markings for the rest.

I' don't know if something exist for Spanish plane, it's obvious that the Syhart decals are a big support for the final result.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:58 AM, Graeme H said:

Outstanding, you won't have any trouble finding that in the display

For sure, but as I taste 1/144 I become interested by plane like A340 or 777 and it won't be the size!

On 3/23/2019 at 7:14 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

I never saw this kit in person. From what I see, it looks real good. Nice job on it.

Appart the engine fairing issue it's nice model, you must not forget (like I did) to fill the engraved doors, they doesn't match with the decals.

Cheers

Alain