Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

andyf117

welcome along Andy, and an interesting build you've bought along.

Some great modification work you've done many moons ago, hopefully you'll finally get to finish her.

Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing her in the gallery....you'll probably will be as well finally.

Looks as if this will be the thread where we learn a lot about the subject and become useful reference for any of us planning a model of the same :speak_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Always good builds to watch. Love the seaking rotor jib. Great tip thanks! Not built a helicopter since returning to the hobby, but got a couple of recent Jayhawk purchase and wanting to do a couple of HMS Gannet and Falklands Seakings 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 18:43, andyf117 said:

Just another minor update, as not a lot's been achieved in the last 10 days, having had a relative staying with us and also being fairly busy over the Easter weekend...

....but the modified main rotor blades pictured in the introductory post above have had their moulded-on detail removed; the tip and trailing edge tab joints cleaned up; been given a couple of coats of Medium Sea Grey, followed by application of yellow sling bands on both upper and lower surfaces, and the underside black blade tracking areas. With all that completed, the blades have now been attached to the hub, and the assembly put aside to set firmly for a few days on my pizza-tray Sea King rotor jig...

1026288606_o.jpg

I like your rotor jig thingy.  But one thing has always bugged me about the rotors that model makers produce (and this is not intended as a criticism of your model), to my mind having main rotors all equidistant from one another isn’t strictly accurate - no account is made for drag damper lag when the rotor head is at rest. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Thanks - though nowhere near as comprehensive as all that etch in your AEW.2!

That's Mr eduards work though,  yours is looking great buttoned up

• Thanks 1

Looking good , thanks for the heads up there, I see what you mean  about the bulge on the port side, luckily it's a seperate part on my kit so it may be an easier fix, I'm going to try to join the fuselage halves after a cup of tea, just got in from work

• Like 1

Ah,  jammer racks, we're these fitted to the aew. 2, or have I been looking at pictures coming up on Google  as aew. 2's, with these on wrong , have you scratch built those racks? 

• Like 1