Olympic: B.707

When dealing with 707s you need to be sure of the version of the 707 you intend to model. They vary massively from each other.

The Heller 1/72 is a Boeing 707-320B/C and, as that is the version used by Olympic, so the Heller kit should be OK.

Yes . Olympic had the 707-384C (320C) and ex Northwest -351Cs . They also had a couple of ex Northwest 720-051Bs . They actually ordered DC-8s before the 707s but there was some weird loan arrangement / problem so they couldn't go ahead with those and went for 707s eventually . I've got an artist's impression of an Olympic DC-8 with a white fin and multi coloured "Olympic" Rings ( had to add an extra one because it infringed IOC's copyright .

Look forward to seeing yours !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Ta both,

I was 99% sure there was no issue with my plan, but before I dipped I thought it was worth a check beforehand . I would have preferred the earlier Olympic livery where the cheat line extends to the rear of the fuselage without the 'scallop' that goes below the tail planes, but beggars can't be choosers in a niche of a niche market.

It might be a bit of a wait before you see mine as I have a 1/72 Welsh Models Electra I'm going to finish in TAA livery with the day-glo fin and wing tips, up first.

Tommo

1 hour ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Ta both,

I was 99% sure there was no issue with my plan, but before I dipped I thought it was worth a check beforehand . I would have preferred the earlier Olympic livery where the cheat line extends to the rear of the fuselage without the 'scallop' that goes below the tail planes, but beggars can't be choosers in a niche of a niche market.

It might be a bit of a wait before you see mine as I have a 1/72 Welsh Models Electra I'm going to finish in TAA livery with the day-glo fin and wing tips, up first.

Tommo

Looking forward to seeing the Electra Tommo, are you using an old Roo Decal sheet for that one?

I have an Electra to build using a J&W conversion on a Hasegawa P-3 Kit, I need to choose between Ansett and two TAA schemes that I currently have decals for.

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Looking forward to seeing the Electra Tommo, are you using an old Roo Decal sheet for that one?

I have an Electra to build using a J&W conversion on a Hasegawa P-3 Kit, I need to choose between Ansett and two TAA schemes that I currently have decals for.

Yes, about 6 months or so back I managed to find and cleared out a shop of all thier Roo Decal TAA Electra sheets, which gives me the option of the delivery, day-glo and later scheme along with a few spares if anything goes wrong.

Good luck with Hasegawa/J&W conversion that is a very brave route. I'm happy with going the far easier Welsh Models one.

Tommo.