Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

hopefully you have those paints in colour order!

I can't talk, I recently bought a large roller tool box as model gear storage centre (has 5 draws).....it worked out so well I'm converting it to a spray bench/paint holder. Then getting an even bigger one for storing all my modelling gear and still have room to store projects!!

IMG_3072-X2.jpg

the rack unit decide it is Ikea, stores some of my in work projects.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

One word...

Viggen!

It's a leading candidate for me.  Though I do have a Draken hiding in the stash now too.

47926886657_02fef2acb3_z.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

One word...

Viggen!

...and one additional word.... Bonkers!!!

4 hours ago, helios16v said:

It's a leading candidate for me.  Though I do have a Draken hiding in the stash now too.

47926886657_02fef2acb3_z.jpg

...and case in point!

The man is clearly certifiable! :mental:

... though I have seen one going on evilBay for $40 (though postage is that much again!!)....I could be tempted to do a grey one!

• Haha 1

I had to sign in on this and join

the Swedish team. Maybe try a Joint Venture build with Christer A. ?

What about an yellow "Flygtjänst Skyraider" target tug? Or another Lansen with an blue fin... ;)

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/06/2019 at 18:51, Enzo Matrix said:

One word...

Viggen!

I've just received the Special Hobby duo pack and book.  A bargain if ever there was one!

So let me amend that to "Viggens".  :fool: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've just received the Special Hobby duo pack and book.  A bargain if ever there was one!

So let me amend that to "Viggens".  :fool: 

Bonkers.....well that goes without saying!!!:D

Nice set though, the book would be really handy to have, the models look like a scaled down version of the 1/48th beasts,,,,hopefully they sorted out those issue! Nice to see the canards have positionable surfaces.

Now to see just how far along the bonkers scale you are, which of them (or both) are you going tp do the splinter camouflage on?  

• Haha 1

I have a Tarangus JA in The Stash (same kit).  The duo pack provides kits for the AJ and SK.  So that would have to be an AJ in splinter, SK in natural metal and JA in greys.

But that always leaves open the possibility of converting to an SF or SH...   :mental:  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If other commitments permit I'd like to come on board with a civil airliner.

My first choice would be Norwegian's "Freddie Mercury" Boeing 787-900 but since it's British registered (G-CKNA) I'm not sure if it would be eligible. If not I'll probably go for something Icelandic maybe a WOW Air A321 or an Icelandair 757.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

Oh go on then. I’ve always had a soft spot for Swedish aircraft. I’ll have a trek through the stash to see what the options are, but I know I have lots of SAABs in there. Oh and an S-tank!! May I sign up?  

Good man :D There's certainly something about the SAABs; unusual designs that have always been different from their western and eastern neighbours contemporary ideas. Then you go and offer to bring an S-tank to the party so of course you can join! :lol: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, reini said:

I would be interested to join also. If not something Finnish - then a danish or norwegian Starfighter.

Any or, as Enzo will tell you, all sound good :thumbsup:

Regarding to civilian vehicles, is allowed vehicle to represent Scandinavian DRIVER?

I have in stash kit of McLaren Mercedes MP4/20, driven by Kimi Raikkonen, so would this be eligible for GB?

If not, my other option would be Danish F-100D.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, srkirad said:

Regarding to civilian vehicles, is allowed vehicle to represent Scandinavian DRIVER?

I have in stash kit of McLaren Mercedes MP4/20, driven by Kimi Raikkonen, so would this be eligible for GB?

If not, my other option would be Danish F-100D.

Hmmmm???

No one's ever asked a question like that? It's usually regarding equipment from the GB area and used outside.

Right checking the rules.....oh that's right I wrote them! :D

"Nice and simple eligibility, produced in this region and used at home or abroad, or have been used by military in this region. Foreign countries military based in these countries are excluded!!"

Well equipment produced in the GB area and used outside is ok! So if we class Kimi as "Equipment" (guess his wife could answer "that" question!  :rofl2: ) then I guess technically it'd be ok. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Hmmmm???

No one's ever asked a question like that? It's usually regarding equipment from the GB area and used outside.

Right checking the rules.....oh that's right I wrote them! :D

"Nice and simple eligibility, produced in this region and used at home or abroad, or have been used by military in this region. Foreign countries military based in these countries are excluded!!"

Well equipment produced in the GB area and used outside is ok! So if we class Kimi as "Equipment" (guess his wife could answer "that" question!  :rofl2: ) then I guess technically it'd be ok. :thumbsup:

:rofl2: this made me laugh for few minutes :D

I hoped that Revell provided little Finnish flag for the driver seat so I can have some more Finnish "equipment", but I was wrong - McLaren didn't have that detail as Kimi's and Montoya's names were written on sidepods 0:)

Anyway, I hope I understood your post correctly, so this proposal of mine can be enlisted as a "go go"?

If that is right, please add me to the list, and I'll do my best to try to finish 1/24 car in 3 months, especially this is first car model I'd make as a more experienced modeller since last time (some 10-13 years ago I did Peterbilt truck but I was just learning to work with airbrush at the time).

(P.S.  - backup idea - Danish F-100D waits around the corner if I'm wrong with above so count me in anyway)

• Like 1