Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

I’ve just ordered a couple of Heller SAAB classics so will be hoping this one gets up! Also looking at a few other Swedish subjects for the very first time... see what these silly GB’s do to some modellers! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

cool just make sure you vote for her.=, it's a bit early to say how'll she'll do in the voting...fingers crossed.

I have indeed voted for this one! And it’s currently looking promising, but my fingers are crossed!

I'm hoping, it's a little bit early to tell, looking at the 2017 & 2018 polls (we didn't have one for 2019) the cutoff number is surprisingly the same for both years 62 votes. so I think that maybe the magic number again.

• Like 1

Draken!

I maybe a bit too early to claim a spot for next year, but it's looking very likely at the moment, so I think it's ok to indulge ourselves with our planned builds.

I have my Eduard/Hasegawa Draken all set along with the Aires full detail set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Viggen!

Just the one, Enzo? :) 

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

Draken!

I maybe a bit too early to claim a spot for next year, but it's looking very likely at the moment, so I think it's ok to indulge ourselves with our planned builds.

I have my Eduard/Hasegawa Draken all set along with the Aires full detail set.

I was maybe going Draken myself, but I don't have any goodies to throw at it. I would be looking at doing it in Finnish markings though.

• Like 2

Viggen, Draken, Starfighter, Lynx, Fishbed, Buk, Kraz.....so many tasty options in the stash.  :frantic:

I suspect the Viggen will be a tough one to beat though (the harder decision will be which version).....especially if there will already be a squadron of Drakens getting built.  ^_^   Though the Finish green camo BIS is pretty delectable too.

• Like 3

I get the feeling that I might be the only one building an AFV for this GB 😛 I have a Finish BT-42 in the stash that will be the quick OOB option, if I have the time & energy though I'm contemplating 3D printing the Swedish "Kranvagn" prototype tank. 

• Like 3

Got three SAAB classic Heller kits winging their way Down Under as we speak. Whatever doesn’t make it into the Scandii GB may eventually come to life in next years Classic Heller GB.. well that’s the plan anyway? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

I've always sort of like those wee tank, very different in design. Sort of took the Germans "Tank Destroyer" concept and gave it a Swedish touch. Not the sort of things you could track your target with, more like just wait and hope the target ends up targeting itself!

I could almost be tempted to build one of these too!