Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

yeah it helps keep you out of trouble! :tease:

I've never been quite THAT busy ;) 

6 hours ago, helios16v said:

I'll be watching this one.  😎

I've got options in the stash.  Vampire, Starfighters, Fishbed, Viggen, Lynx, and a KrAZ.

Watching? Watching!?! No, no, no, no, no, we'll have no wallflowers in this thread, quick @trickyrichget his name on the list! :D 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Boman said:

Haven't found a group build that interested me until now - will join if the time is sensible, ie not too far into the future? 

I am in agreement with Boman - Having now lived and worked in the Scandinavian/Nordic region for 10 years, I would be interested in this GB so please sign me up.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, Col. said:

Watching? Watching!?! No, no, no, no, no, we'll have no wallflowers in this thread, quick @trickyrichget his name on the list! :D 

got him!!!  :D Tried to sneak out while I wasn't looking........nice try!!

• Haha 2

And speaking of wallflowers, you might as well pin me down.  At least I can eat a Danish while I'm watching... and since my daughter has recently gotten into the Beatles, I'll put on "Norwegian Wood".

I need an excuse (huh?) to build a Draken, but I've also been wanting to do a Finnish Hawk.  Oh dear, but then I think of the most beautiful Spitfire ever, a PR.XI in Danish markings...  This could take a while.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gingerbob said:

I'll put on "Norwegian Wood".

that could be taken many ways........ hopefully not in a "Skin suit" way!!  :unsure:

You're on the list Bob....but you have to promise to finish it!

Plus for those undecided or trying to find something to build I have attached a very useful link......

https://www.ikea.com

...just select your appropriate language and off you go.....pages and pages of great ideas for those who are a bit stuck!

Plus this page is very useful for planning what you need as well!

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/customer-service/planning-tools/

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2019 at 11:28 PM, Col. said:

Lovely :wub: 

Have to confess I'm now searching for a set of decals to suit the 32nd scale Hasegawa kit in my stash due to our conversation here :lol: 

Just got my hands on these col...

46682727435_c900279c10_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

Just got my hands on these col...

46682727435_c900279c10_b.jpg

Cool! Which sheet is that and where did you get them from Paul?

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Cool! Which sheet is that and where did you get them from Paul?

I got this 1:48 set from my local hobby store. The guy there has been printing danish decals since 1968 he said. It sounded like he makes decals for all danish aircraft in all scales. Heres a link to his site for 1:32 military aircraft including the 1:32 starfighter you spoke  about;

http://www.stoppel-decals.dk/343070667

(If i am not allowed to put commercial links in a thread here i can edit the post and send a private message instead? - please let me know if so - i have no affiliation)

Edited by Dansk
  • Thanks 1

I’ll jump in on this.  Hopefully a Hawker Hunter in Swedish colours when the Airfix Kit comes out.  Barring that a Finnish Chaika or something similar.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's 'cos I wasn't aware of it.  :) 

..and you though I poked you just because i liked you!!! :D

6 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

YESSSSS!!!! I’m all in, I might try something from every nation..

now that's what we like to hear!

• Like 1

So I’m thinking:

Sweden. The splinter camo Gripen.

Finland. A Finnish 109 or Do 17.

Here is where I run into time and subject difficulty...

Iceland...was going to do an Iceland air policing Czech Gripen, but doesn’t qualify.

Norway and Denmark, F-16As....some research required but certainly Sweden and Finland and I actually still love the idea of a Swedish camouflage IKEA model display case for all my display models...when in the event I can make one thats good enough that it can actually be displayed.

Plenty time yet...

...camo Ikea furniture....now that's something different!

I'm sure you can dig up a patrol boat of some sort for Iceland....I know they get very grumpy with fishing boats! :whistle:

• Like 1