Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

10 minutes ago, reini said:

... well, if there is one more week to go ...:hmmm:

Someone's got to make the effort since @trickyrich has a habit of sloping off to play in other GBs even with Schrodinger's Draken in his stash.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Enzo the Gracious?   I think there must be two Enzos...

heaven forbid!!!!!  :door:

Maybe he uses "Body Doubles"......as all good Despots leaders do! :D  Would probably explain his production output! :hmmm:

3 hours ago, reini said:

... well, if there is one more week to go ...:hmmm:

of go on you know you want to!

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Someone's got to make the effort since @trickyrich has a habit of sloping off to play in other GBs even with Schrodinger's Draken in his stash.

I guess I can handle another week of you going on about it!  :tease:   I have 10 rather large boxes packed tight with the stash and have no idea which one it's in.......and I won't go looking.  But once I move in it'll be like Xmas all over again!

Yes folks we have by the miracle of forum magic another week to complete your builds, so the panic level has been now reduced to mild.

So plenty of time to complete those builds....and for members like @reini plenty of time to build another one! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi,

Just noticed there is an extra week, but I ran out of suitable kit and /or decals 6 weeks ago and am up to my eyes with 4 or maybe 5 new GB. I would like to congratulate all those taking part and particularly the organisers for what has turned out to be another epic GB. The standard of building ranges from very good to one or two which are downright excellent. I have really enjoyed this and managed to move 5 kits out of my stash as well which can't be bad!

Well done

Pete

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Hi,

Just noticed there is an extra week, but I ran out of suitable kit and /or decals 6 weeks ago and am up to my eyes with 4 or maybe 5 new GB. I would like to congratulate all those taking part and particularly the organisers for what has turned out to be another epic GB. The standard of building ranges from very good to one or two which are downright excellent. I have really enjoyed this and managed to move 5 kits out of my stash as well which can't be bad!

Well done

Pete

surely you can sneak another one in??? :D

Glad you enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Yes an epic GB congrats to the hosts and everyone for taking part,I thought it ended today for some reason so I'm all done but it'll take me a week to

catch up on all the other builds,pity I haven't a kit could have squeezed another one in!;)

• Like 3

Nice try but with 2 builds on the go and another 5 lined up I don't have time, not to mention lack of suitable decs for anything in my stash that could be eligible, and I don't need any IKEA furniture.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Since I went back to work this week, my modellign time has plummeted dramatically, so one extra week will not help much in finishing my Tunnan.

But the Swedish Armed Forces celebrated the closure of this GB with a simultaneous Air, Sea and Land launch of Robot 15 (If you thought Rb04 that Viggen and Lansen used were cool, they are completely outclassed by this one)

fun fact, the nickname of this missile is nowadays rowingboat15, due to the VERY low height it flies on.

Edited by Christer A
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

How time flies when we're busy! Noticed the late hour here in UK while reading everyone's updates. As a result I can tell you all we now have a full week remaining, thanks to Enzo the Gracious, for completing any remaining projects and getting them posted in the gallery to help Wreck-it Rich break the forum :D 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Christer A said:

Since I went back to work this week, my modellign time has plummeted dramatically, so one extra week will not help much in finishing my Tunnan.

But the Swedish Armed Forces celebrated the closure of this GB with a simultaneous Air, Sea and Land launch of Robot 15 (I you though Rb04 that Viggen and Lansen used were cool, they are completely outclassed by this one)

fun fact, the nickname of this missile is nowadays rowingboat15, due to the VERY low height it flies on.

Oh that was awesome!!!!   :yahoo:

Gosh I'd hate to be some poor fisherman in a dingy out there, if it didn't clout you in the head it's definitely make you :poop: your pants!!!

Though they seemed to have taken this "splinter scheme" to the max, imagine trying to paint figures! The masking would be extreme!

Though I did find the wee pet mouse of the Supreme Commanders collar cute but a bit distracting.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Christer A said:

One should mention that the Rb  stands for Robot and Rowingboat in Swedish is roddbåt and those word sound similar. Listen to them at google translate: https://tinyurl.com/y8htvu76

Edited by Orso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:06 AM, trickyrich said:

I have 10 rather large boxes packed tight with the stash and have no idea which one it's in.......and I won't go looking.  But once I move in it'll be like Xmas all over again!

You could create a spread sheet for that!

What a cracking Group Build, sumarised nicely by the Swedish Armed Forces joining in at the 11th hour. Just what did that Grippen have on its wing tips?

Great to see that even the containers blown up were in the same colours as JeroenS fantastic truck model.

Thanks to Col and Tricky Rich for the excellent Group build. I can excuse TR absence due to those excellent Spitfires appearing in the Spitfire GB. 

Cheers

Colin W

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Colin W said:

Just what did that Grippen have on its wing tips?

Great to see that even the containers blown up were in the same colours as JeroenS fantastic truck model.

Gripen carries Rb98 on the wingtips nowadays, which is known as the IRIS-T missile in common language.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

How fitting with an extension to May 17. Now please let’s have the second extension to June 6th.

Or June 7th to keep it in line with important days to be remembered in Norway 🇳🇴🙂🇸🇪.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It locks at 2359 Local time in the UK

.....by which time you'll have your remaining builds in I hope!

Well Chaps!!   It is now officially time to start panicking!!!  :yikes:  :frantic:

The little hand on the clock is racing towards finishing time and so should your builds!!

You all have a duty to your King/Queen/God/Favourite Deity/Country/that weird glowing thing in the corner to finish your builds and send the build count in the gallery well into the 3 figure mark!! :yahoo:

So tell your loved ones you'll see them in a couple of days and get to it! :whip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, NorwegianWood said:

Or June 7th to keep it in line with important days to be remembered in Norway 🇳🇴🙂🇸🇪.

The popularity of this GB is making me think we could have kept it going all year!

• Haha 3

Despite the extra week, it looks like the 1/144 C-47 won't be finished. As of today, Saturday 16th, no replacement decals yet arrived from Sweden, and given we don't get a postal delivery tomorrow, it's not going to happen.

I will post some updated pictures on the build WIP to show where we are, probably tomorrow, and of course, when the model is finally finished, I will post it in the RFI section.

Thanks folks

Terry

• Sad 1