Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

5 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Hi,

I knew that I am an slow builder and have an bad reputation concerning finished kits. But this is an Nordic GB and I think I have an Heller Viggen somewhere in the stash. And I knew for sure there is one or two P-51D Mustang's. Is it ok to join in albeit rather late?

Cheers / André 

Of course André. Get started and come join in the fun :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andre B said:

Hi,

I knew that I am an slow builder and have an bad reputation concerning finished kits. But this is an Nordic GB and I think I have an Heller Viggen somewhere in the stash. And I knew for sure there is one or two P-51D Mustang's. Is it ok to join in albeit rather late?

Cheers / André 

as Col said no problems at all, a P-51 would be nice to see, as I don't think e have one of them yet.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

as Col said no problems at all, a P-51 would be nice to see, as I don't think e have one of them yet.

Ok, we make a try with an Airfix 1/72 scale P-51D. Or as in Swedish - J26 Mustang "blå Kalle" (blue Kalle) from F4 at Frösön in orange exercise markings from 1951. It's always nice with colourfull Mustang's.

https://www.rebell.com/svenskt/decals-masks/j26-mustang-del-1.html

Cheers / André 

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 5

Hi all,

Following a favourable comment by a Portuguese humourist in a night time radio show about Svalbard's "Arctic Outpost" digital radio emission of classic American music records "from 1902 to 1958"  this remote Norwegian radio station is now so popular in Portugal that they had to upgrade the server; notice how many "Tugas" are tuned in, we are so 🤪!

5e0d52709fcf22ffce7e4e4b397fc0eb.png

Edited by Rui Silva
Grammar
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rui Silva said:

Following a favourable comment by a Portuguese humourist in a night time radio show about Svalbard's "Arctic Outpost" digital radio emission

I've been to Svalbard and I listen to the radio!  Can I enter a picture of myself in the gallery or would it be discounted because there's no WIP?

To be fair, I've not changed much in the four months of the GB but I have changed a lot in my 55 years on the planet.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wez said:

I've been to Svalbard and I listen to the radio!  Can I enter a picture of myself in the gallery or would it be discounted because there's no WIP?

To be fair, I've not changed much in the four months of the GB but I have changed a lot in my 55 years on the planet.

To be fair I think you're over the 25% rule there Wez :hmmm:

• Haha 2

📢   OK right you lot!!!!  :rant:

We're not quite to the last lap but it's time to start pulling fingers out! We are now down to the 1 month to go bell!!! 🔔

No need to panic yet, I'll tell you when to do that, but we do need to get a move on with some of these builds.

To those in the every expanding gallery, well done! :thumbsup:

To those who are nearing the end of their builds...one last push and she done.

To those who are perpetually slow....and you know who they are....come on folks! :whip:

...and to those who have run away and hidden or have banished their builds to the shelf of Doom! Folks at this time of here there's always a chance of resurrection! :D Have faith in your host...you can complete you build! :pope:

So come on, lets get to it and finish those builds....and remember I only have 4 weeks in purgatory or hosting to go! :yahoo:

15 hours ago, Wez said:

More like 125%!

me thinks you have been built, pulled apart and re-built many times.....though with a few bits missing in between!  :rofl2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Thanks for the heads up @trickyrich, and quite the motivational speech there! 

I still have a lot to do but deadlines getting nearer tend to provide enough focus so I'm sure mine will end up in the gallery!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reini said:

@trickyrich Don't worry Rich - you enjoy your time off when this is over - we shall see again in the Vietnam GB. I have quite many builds lined up for that :P

:yikes:..... had forgetter about that one....dear god I'm going to need therapy after all this ......

I have a big build planned for that one...so I'm going to ignore all you lot! :tease:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

:yikes:..... had forgetter about that one....dear god I'm going to need MORE therapy after all this ......

Fixed that for you :) 

11 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

...I have a big build planned for that one...so I'm going to ignore all you lot! :tease:

Aye, right, good luck with that plan  :poke:

Edited by Col.

16 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

OY!! haven't you got a model to finish???

Two actually, alright about six to be strictly accurate, but both for this GB have been tinkered with this morning and now drying off before further tinkering can occur :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mozzy19 said:

Haven’t you got a Draken to start? :whistle:

Sean

there's always gotta be one! You're probably going to join the Vietnam GB like the rest of them as well! :doh:

30 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

there's always gotta be one! You're probably going to join the Vietnam GB like the rest of them as well! :doh:

You'd really have something to moan about if none of us turned up to the party :lol:

40 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

There’s an idea! And I do like a Phantom... :hmmm:

Sean

someone who shall remain nameless (definitely not me) has raised the idea of doing this GB again? I know completely mad and bonkers....me that is for even writing this!!

I know the dust and other nameless stuff hasn't settled yet, so this is just testing the waters......maybe we need a wee break before doing this again ...I could do with one.

Plus the manufactures do need to ramp up production of Drakens (gee I know where there's one! :whistle: :D) and Viggens after the world wide shortage of said models due to this GB! Gosh maybe even that elusive 1/48th Saab 105 may materialise???

Anyway have a think about it and post your thoughts here. We may even have a special section for @Marlin called "Cooking with Bosse".  :eat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

someone who shall remain nameless (definitely not me) has raised the idea of doing this GB again? I know completely mad and bonkers....me that is for even writing this!!

I know the dust and other nameless stuff hasn't settled yet, so this is just testing the waters......maybe we need a wee break before doing this again ...I could do with one.

Plus the manufactures do need to ramp up production of Drakens (gee I know where there's one! :whistle: :D) and Viggens after the world wide shortage of said models due to this GB! Gosh maybe even that elusive 1/48th Saab 105 may materialise???

Anyway have a think about it and post your thoughts here. We may even have a special section for @Marlin called "Cooking with Bosse".  :eat:

Hey, I'm game. :thumbsup:, venison, deer, and boar. :eat: 

I actually have a whole year planned for the rest of my Swedish Aircraft.

In 2023 Sweden will celebrate 500 years as an independent state. 

In 1520 a merry band of (what would become) Swedes started to protest about Danish Rule of Sweden. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_War_of_Liberation

And on June 6, 1523 Gustav Vasa was proclaimed to be King of Sweden and the ties with Denmark was broken. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_I_of_Sweden

So in 2023 I'll only build models with a Swedish theme. 

/Bosse 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2