Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

Well kinda @Col.. Johnny was kind enough to call Stoppel to discuss the matter and he acknowledged that the decals were out of stock, however should be available again by the end of last week.  Stoppel had received my emails and as of now I’m still awaiting a reply. When (if) I hear, I’ll let you know. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well kinda @Col.. Johnny was kind enough to call Stoppel to discuss the matter and he acknowledged that the decals were out of stock, however should be available again by the end of last week.  Stoppel had received my emails and as of now I’m still awaiting a reply. When (if) I hear, I’ll let you know. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Ah okay, thanks Dave, hopefully you get them soon.

Tell you what for a GB covering only four main countries there's a helluva lot of build's going on,I had originally intended to do the Sabre and Thunderjet

but it's got a bit out of hand when I looked at other subject's covered.I hope to add maybe one more as there's a kit I've wanted to have a crack at for year's

which is "under offer" when looking at the review's I noted a Norwegian option.

• Like 2

Well that was a pleasant surprise no other bidders so a Humbrol boxing of Hellers two seat F104 is secured for a reasonable 5:99.it has a Norwegian option so hopefully the decals are as good as the photo seemed to show.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Twenty-five completions in the gallery and we're not even half way through the GB!

oh dear........in a good sense!

• Haha 1

For me this GB led to a very unanticipated trip to Denmark and Sweden in late May; all is booked including the Draken flight simulator session in Ängelholm. 

Now I have to somehow find time to finish my 3 Drakens, repair the landing gear of my 1/3 scale ASW 17 and start training again, learn how to fly tactically the Viggen in the DCS simulator to prepare for the "Super Viggen" flight simulator in Göteborg, work, eat, sleep and spend some time with Mrs. da Silva that endures it all!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rui Silva said:

For me this GB led to a very unanticipated trip to Denmark and Sweden in late May; all is booked including the Draken flight simulator session in Ängelholm. 
Now I have to somehow find time to finish my 3 Drakens, repair the landing gear of my 1/3 scale ASW 17 and start training again, learn how to fly tactically the Viggen in the DCS simulator to prepare for the "Super Viggen" flight simulator in Göteborg, work, eat, sleep and spend some time with Mrs. da Silva that endures it all!

Was wondering how you were getting on with your three Draken while cursing the intake fit on my own one the other evening. Sounds as if this GB has opened up your world a bit :D 

• Haha 1

Hello, I post here a question regarding Moose Republic Decals: they do only Scandinavian subjects so I hope to get some attention from the crowd ^_^

I ordered from them three decal sheets about one month ago, I fancied an helicopter build after the ETPS Gripen. Nothing has shown up until now, I wrote an enquiry last week but got neither a reply nor a delivery confirmation in the mail.

Does anybody have experience dealing with them and can comment on this lack of communication? Hope it is only a random mishap but I'm quite puzzled.

Thanks for your inputs

Fabio

I ordered some sheets from Moose Republic last month. They arrived within a week or so, so no complaints here. I didn't communicate with them, so can't comment on that. I hope for you they will show up eventually, as they are quite nice.

• Like 1

Hello Pete, thank you for your feedback: so my experience is clearly not usual. Got no reply to my e-mail so I tried again today but through Paypal, hope this will wake them up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drake122 said:

Is it still open to enter this GB? Altough I have a Viggen, there is plenty of those underway already...

Yes, still plenty time to enter, always plenty room for another Viggen :) 

On 3/4/2020 at 3:12 PM, Whirly said:

Hello, I post here a question regarding Moose Republic Decals: they do only Scandinavian subjects so I hope to get some attention from the crowd ^_^

I ordered from them three decal sheets about one month ago, I fancied an helicopter build after the ETPS Gripen. Nothing has shown up until now, I wrote an enquiry last week but got neither a reply nor a delivery confirmation in the mail.

Does anybody have experience dealing with them and can comment on this lack of communication? Hope it is only a random mishap but I'm quite puzzled.

Thanks for your inputs

Fabio

Hi Fabio

What sheet are you looking for as Hannants in the UK have a number of Moose Republic's decals in stock 

Hi all,

I needed German crosses for another GB project(P-51) and bought  decals.

The sheet also includes Finnish markings.The instructions state the G-2.

Me109-G2-MT201-(RF+UN)-WrkN14718-Finland

And I have the 48 th Fugimi kit in the pile.

Am I good to go ?

159918-12155-65-pristine.jpg

SS48_0424-2T.jpg

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hi all,

I needed German crosses for another GB project(P-51) and bought  decals.

The sheet also includes Finnish markings.The instructions state the G-2.

And I have the 48 th Fugimi kit in the pile.

Am I good to go ?

I'd say you are yes :) 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, Richard E said:

Hi Fabio

What sheet are you looking for as Hannants in the UK have a number of Moose Republic's decals in stock 

Hi Richard

thanks for helping, though I just got a reply from the owner: He missed my order and for some reason my first query didn't reach him. Hope things are now sorted out.

• Like 3

Off topic but he is the most famous swedish male actor in the most famous swedish movie ("The Seventh Seal") from the most famous swedish director (Ingmar Bergman) and although Death wins, as Death always does, the game was a good game. 

RIP Max von Sydow 

b354f7c1ad89aac3bc29335db8e8054f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rui Silva said:

Off topic but he is the most famous swedish male actor in the most famous swedish movie ("The Seventh Seal") from the most famous swedish director (Ingmar Bergman) and although Death wins, as Death always does, the game was a good game. 

RIP Max von Sydow 

b354f7c1ad89aac3bc29335db8e8054f.jpg

RIP indeed. Is that a still from the film or a posed photo?

2 hours ago, Col. said:

RIP indeed. Is that a still from the film or a posed photo?

I looked at the actual scene and I believe this is a posed photo.

And I think this would make a beautiful scene for figure modellers.

Edited by Rui Silva
Text
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rui Silva said:

I looked at the actual scene and I believe this is a posed photo.
And I think this would make a beautiful scene for figure modellers.

It would indeed, was thinking the same.

Should have the Viggen and Tunnan done for the weekend and well on with the F-16 so only the F104 needing a start now,so that should leave April-May

free I'm seriously thinking of going "off the map" with this.

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Fiat-CR-42.html It will need a tad scratchbuilding:deadhorse:

• Like 3