Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

:hmmm:when buying something from Denmark using google translator, better to unwrap the package without the one-with-danish-ancestry in the presence. "But darling I was just trying to get colour PE for the Coventry Climax I'm building..." :whistle: :coolio:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s awfully kind of you Johnny. Now that you mention ‘a language thing’ I’m just wondering if I should resend my email in Danish? I’ll use google translate and see where this gets me. Failing that, I might take you up on your kind offer. I’ll keep you posted. 

Come to think of it, Mrs RL is from Danish stock, however in reality she’s more Australian than I am!

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

No problem Dave, as you will know from your wife, danes are friendly people (sort of) 😁 

Let me know if I can help! 

Cheers

Johnny 

• Haha 1

Decals arrived for my F-16,lord knows how but Hannants have managed to send three sets(and charged me) anyone can use them there are

two sets going free I've put them in the Free section if they are of interest.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Decals arrived for my F-16,lord knows how but Hannants have managed to send three sets(and charged me) anyone can use them there are

two sets going free I've put them in the Free section if they are of interest.

That's a very generous, and tempting, offer Steve.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 2:03 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Ordering from Stoppel decals??? 

Now I'd like to build a Hasegawa 1/72 F-104 in the early Danish 'Grey' scheme and it would appear that Stoppel has a decal sheet which fits the bill nicely (072170).

I have now sent them two emails (one week apart) with respect to a possible decal purchase, however have yet to receive a reply to either of my queries.  Can I ask the members on here -  

• Has anyone else had the same issue?
  • Is there any member who lives close to the store that is happy to act as a possible purchasing agent (funds can be sent prior)?

I know this sounds a little strange, however I'm unlikely to proceed with this build if I can't source the correct decals (IMO - the new Xtradecal sheet has inaccuracies, so not a suitable substitute). 

Cheers and regards.. Dave   

Hi Dave,

I have just noticed they are on Facebook if that is any help?

Pete

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeterB said:

I have just noticed they are on Facebook if that is any help?

Thanks Pete, it sure can’t hurt. That’s now three emails I’ve sent, the last one even translated in Danish! I don’t have a personal FB account however Mrs RL has one. I’m sure she won’t mind me conversing with a foreign person in Denmark on her behalf! If that fails, so does the ‘one o four’ me thinks. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Look what I got off evilbay!  :thumbsup:

spacer.png

I won't be building them for this GB.  However, I will be converting one into an early J35A for the Interceptors GB later this year.

I will need to test out some paints for the blue/green camo scheme.  I have an old Airfix Draken in The Stash which will be used up  as a paint dummy.  If time allows, I might build it properly as a nostalgia build in thois GB (while still experimenting with paint colours).

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The problem is that they are like hen's teeth. 

Indeed :( All the more so now you've grabbed two more :lol: 

Hasegawa just released the 1/48 "Scandinavian Draken" kit with decals and parts for a Swedish S35E, a Danish RF-35 or a Finnish J35FS.  I picked one up from Hobby Search.

Cheers,

Rich

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rich B said:

Hasegawa just released the 1/48 "Scandinavian Draken" kit with decals and parts for a Swedish S35E, a Danish RF-35 or a Finnish J35FS.  I picked one up from Hobby Search.

Cheers,

Rich

Tempting :hmmm:Thanks for letting us know Rich. Was thinking to keep them all to a common scale but then again can always display them on different shelves in relation to different subjects :) 

39 minutes ago, Rich B said:

Doing my usual clean up after each model completion and realising I have way too many kits - I don't think I really need to know this! 

That's just like placing a nicely frothed beer under the nose of abstaining alcoholic!! Best I go and check it out. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 3

On 2/24/2020 at 11:10 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks Pete, it sure can’t hurt. That’s now three emails I’ve sent, the last one even translated in Danish! I don’t have a personal FB account however Mrs RL has one. I’m sure she won’t mind me conversing with a foreign person in Denmark on her behalf! If that fails, so does the ‘one o four’ me thinks. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Don’t just give up yet Dave! 

I’ll message you my email, if you like you can mail me your original order to Stoppel as reference and I’ll give him a call later today.

If he got them, we’ll get them to you some how 🙂

Cheers

Johnny b 

10 hours ago, Rich B said:

Cheers,

Rich

That does look sweet indeed https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10655704 

OH! The Swedish/Finnish version will be soon available in the better scale too! https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10674851

• Thanks 1

Note that the 1/48 Draken includes some (but not all!!!) parts for the Swedish recon bird, the Danish attack version. The Finnish one is the normal fighter version.

In 1/72, there are no recon noses at all, so even if the kits are called the same, the content is very different.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Do it!  You know you want to!  :wicked:

Yes! Yes I do and that's the problem. For while I willingly would my wallet has other ideas.

On 2/26/2020 at 3:51 AM, desert falcon said:

Don’t just give up yet Dave!

I’ll message you my email, if you like you can mail me your original order to Stoppel as reference and I’ll give him a call later today.
If he got them, we’ll get them to you some how 🙂

Cheers

Johnny b 

On 2/26/2020 at 4:19 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks so much Johnny @desert falcon. I'll send you an email and copy in my original wording. 

Cheers and kindest regards.. Dave 

You lads had any success getting in contact with Stoppel yet? Being tempted by a set of their F-86D decals and wondering how you were getting on.