Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

1 hour ago, Rui Silva said:

Hmm... the midnight sun is a good "graphic idea", I'm thinking about the sun in the dark blue sky and in a turquoise sea the "reflected sunbursts" in the colours of the five nordic nations. 

I'll give it a try this afternoon.

Sounds familiar - maybe Midnight Hawks logo can work as an inspiration :)

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.aviationshop.fi/images/MIDNIGHT%20HAWKS%20logo.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.aviationshop.fi/product_info.php?products_id%3D1904&docid=1UxqaZlcujidQM&tbnid=bRS9c2hOSWTwTM:&vet=1&w=197&h=199&itg=1&source=sh/x/im

• Like 3

I had been losing sleep for the past few nights worrying about 'The Stash'...It is very Mig 15/17/19/21 heavy and they are all sorted.  It is also very 109 and Spitfire heavy, neither of which had been sorted, really.  Mixed boxes of this and that, etc...so I decided to fix this and get a good night's rest.  In doing so I discovered this kit fro AZ Models...

49515089368_2c7ead0d04_k_d.jpg

And then I discovered this Joy Pack...

spacer.png

And only then did I discover the real reason behind my insomnia...that gnawing thought...

"I know there's a Norwegian Spitfire in there somewhere...!"

49515089378_84170e9bba_4k_d.jpg

So get ready folks...after the de Havilland Venom is finished, it'll be time for another round of "Spitfire A-Go-Go (Å-Gø-Gø), Special Edition, Hello Scandinavia!"  I think I must build them both at the same time...yes...I must...🤪 

--John

• Like 10

4 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

the Swedes had Spitfires too

Ah...but I already have a Swedish bird in this GB, the Venom.  Good thinking, though. If I had a bigger bench...

Edited by John D.C. Masters
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

the Swedes had Spitfires

v-P's reminded me of a couple of other Nordic builds in the box of old builds.

20200210_202049

I might add to my Hurricane with a Finnish 109G before the GB's end.

20200210_202028

• Like 6

On 09/02/2020 at 17:57, modelling minion said:

Anyone know of any useful links to pictures of Swedish Tunnans in the camo schemes they wore later in their lives? Any pics of them carrying weapons will also be gratefully received.

Camo on Tunnan is a tricky subject. It was not universally rolled out to the whole fleet but this is what I've found out so far:

J29A & B : Natural metal 

A29B : All aircraft operating from F7 wing was painted Olive green on top (the standard 0325M)

S29C : Some, not all received a precursor to the Draken camouflage.

J29E & F: Some, mostly from F3 wing received Olive green on top as A29B. 

Sadly, not many pictures exists online :(

18 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I had been losing sleep for the past few nights worrying about 'The Stash'...It is very Mig 15/17/19/21 heavy and they are all sorted.  It is also very 109 and Spitfire heavy, neither of which had been sorted, really.  Mixed boxes of this and that, etc...so I decided to fix this and get a good night's rest.  In doing so I discovered this kit fro AZ Models...

So get ready folks...after the de Havilland Venom is finished, it'll be time for another round of "Spitfire A-Go-Go (Å-Gø-Gø), Special Edition, Hello Scandinavia!"  I think I must build them both at the same time...yes...I must...🤪 

--John

I think a low back IX with Danish roundels are the way to go!

But Spitfire "Å-gö-gö" makes no sense!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rui Silva said:

Hi all,

This is my version of the Nordic GB banner, feel free to use it if you like it.

Thanks @trickyrich, @JeroenS, @vppelt68 and @NorwegianWood for your advice.

https://i.gyazo.com/914970e75480c51ca6952d17ec3f6a05.png

914970e75480c51ca6952d17ec3f6a05.png

nicely done! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rui Silva said:

Hi all,

Fantastic. Just what I hoped for. I guess this means I have to get a F-16 out of the safe comfort of "the Stash" and onto the unsafe space of whatever building table I choose to use 😄.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NorwegianWood said:

Fantastic. Just what I hoped for. I guess this means I have to get a F-16 out of the safe comfort of "the Stash" and onto the unsafe space of whatever building table I choose to use 😄.

Yes indeed it does! V-P

• Like 1

now you have that nice new banner to unify everyone......no hopping in your long boats to do any sight seeing down south. I know the UK is now free for the taking again but............they may get cross!!!  :rofl2:

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

now you have that nice new banner to unify everyone......no hopping in your long boats to do any sight seeing down south. I know the UK is now free for the taking again but............they may get cross!!!  :rofl2:

Now its the best time ever I think to sail down south, unite and join forces with the UK  🍻 and cross the channel and.........🤣

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, NorwegianWood said:

Now its the best time ever I think to sail down south, unite and join forces with the UK  🍻 and cross the channel and.........🤣

there is that as well!  :D

51 minutes ago, NorwegianWood said:

Yes! Let's do it. Once the storm has abated a bit of course. For now we can drink beer and lay plans.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, NorwegianWood said:

MOVE AWAY FROM THIS COASTLINE... NOTHING TO SEE HERE, PLEASE DISPERSE!

• Haha 4

I don't know about Viking invasions but I convinced SWMBO and a "Tuga" (Portuguese) couple will "invade" this May the shores of Denmark, Norway and Sweden looking out for Danish pastry and Draken & Viggen flygsimulatorer! :)

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Rui Silva said:

I don't know about Viking invasions but I convinced SWMBO and a "Tuga" (Portuguese) couple will "invade" this May the shores of Denmark, Norway and Sweden looking out for Danish pastry and Draken & Viggen flygsimulatorer! :)

Luckily the Portuguese know a little bit about invasions as well 🙂 (says the Dutch guy 😉)

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Luckily the Portuguese know a little bit about invasions as well 🙂 (says the Dutch guy 😉)

Hmm, lets keep the invasions in our distant historical past where they belong and enjoy our European culture. 

Danish pastry looks wonderful, swedish semlor also look like excellent with a cup of tea and what about a norwegian ring cake? Give me sweets with almonds and cream plus some airplanes I never saw in my life, like Drakens and Viggens and I'm a happy man! 😋

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Rui Silva said:

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the beautiful GB banner, very nordic indeed 👍

Now I just need to get started on my contribution to this GB, so I can show the banner with pride 😀

We are looking forward to the “tuga” visit in the high north this summer !! 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 12:15 PM, John D.C. Masters said:

And then I discovered this Joy Pack...

spacer.png

And only then did I discover the real reason behind my insomnia...that gnawing thought...

"I know there's a Norwegian Spitfire in there somewhere...!"

49515089378_84170e9bba_4k_d.jpg

--John

Hi John,

I presume that all 3 kits included are the same - or they a mix of low and high backs, big and small tails etc? I see the dec sheet includes a PR XI but that would need a deeper nose for the enlarged oil tank, and the long range wings as fitted to the PR XIX - I used the Airfix kit with a Freightdog conversion set for mine.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB