Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

Ok folks, we're almost to the 2 week mark for this GB, and we're already onto the 4 page!!!

Right some interesting stuff from the GB so far.......well I think it's interesting....

...I can't promise to keep this up (I even did a nice pie graph as well!!), I am struggling just to keep up with all the builds! Been too bust to work on my beast but will do tomorrow.

You need a nice spreadsheet for all this information Rich ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

It is indeed magnificent, but in the fever of getting it built he forgot something :wicked: ... quote: "All builds must have a WIP thread showing progress, models cannot go into the gallery unless there is a build thread for them."

Oh Pants, does that mean my build won't make it to the vote??  :whistle:

It is indeed magnificent, but in the fever of getting it built he forgot something :wicked: ... quote: "All builds must have a WIP thread showing progress, models cannot go into the gallery unless there is a build thread for them." I´m not interested in wip pics of the masterpiece but I´d like to have seen the agonized look on Nigel´s face assembling it if using the ubiquitous IKEA provided hexagon assembly tool :rofl:. We´ve all been there, done that, let´s forgive him 😊. I just hope he had the correct one :laugh:.

21 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Oh Pants, does that mean my build won't make it to the vote??  :whistle:

I've a solution; just post a photo of the instruction sheet ;) 

• Haha 3

You know that who laughs the latest laughs the best? In my case... our daughter is moving in this weekend from one flat to another. For me it means (among a zillion other things) disassembling for transport this monster of a bed I first assembled two years ago...

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/malm-ottoman-bed-black-brown-50404819/

...and then I´ll be reassembling it in the new flat. Oh woe is me! Fortunately it´s more than 25% (100% !) finished so I can´t (and will not) post about it here :lalala:

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Theres a helluva lot of builds ongoing here already great to see such enthusiasm!

Hi Steve,

Reminds me of the Frog GB last year - so many builds that I could spend at least an hour a day reading the updates - need to ration myself as it eats into modelling time. Bet the organisers are being kept busy! This is going to be a fun GB.

Pete

• Like 3

Having signed up for this GB but now, due to timing finding myself enjoying all of the build threads nonetheless - keep up the good work folks!

I'm sure that if you find yourself enjoying this type of group build which allows a wide range of subject choices to be made then I'm sure you'd enjoy the French Fancy 2 GB proposed for 2021, it's like this one only French!

'Pologies for thread drift.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Steve,

Reminds me of the Frog GB last year - so many builds that I could spend at least an hour a day reading the updates - need to ration myself as it eats into modelling time. Bet the organisers are being kept busy! This is going to be a fun GB.

Pete

Kept busy? Just a bit! Not been near the workbench since we started :frantic:

• Like 1

I must say, this GB is really going gang busters and apart from the tireless work being done by our great GB hosts (been there!), its also great to see a good crop of other members chipping in and commenting at very frequent intervals. Keep it up everyone. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Steve,

Pete

tell me about it....believe it or not but I actually do read every post! It takes a while and I honestly can't comment on everyone as it just takes forever...but it is super interesting following these builds.

3 hours ago, Wez said:

Having signed up for this GB but now, due to timing finding myself enjoying all of the build threads nonetheless - keep up the good work folks!

I'm sure that if you find yourself enjoying this type of group build which allows a wide range of subject choices to be made then I'm sure you'd enjoy the French Fancy 2 GB proposed for 2021, it's like this one only French!

'Pologies for thread drift.

now there's a shameless plug if ever there was one!!! :D

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Kept busy? Just a bit! Not been near the workbench since we started :frantic:

so far only the weekend for me....so I'd better get off here and get to it!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

How accurate is this profile folks ? 1QMZZXI.jpg

I have an extra Heller kit and if i get the Bulldog done i may go with this scheme or a Finnish Hawk ? I know the Heller kit is an Hawk 75a3 but everything I have seen says the differences are mostly internal. I believe i can mask and paint the markings and use spare decals for numbers ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 5

this is quite funny (and off subject), but has some merit!

could make for a fun GB! :D

the drinking while assembling is probably a required think when building Ikea flat-pac furniture!!!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

How accurate is this profile folks ?...

...I have an extra Heller kit and if i get the Bulldog done i may go with this scheme or a Finnish Hawk ? I know the Heller kit is an Hawk 75a3 but everything I have seen says the differences are mostly internal. I believe i can mask and paint the markings and use spare decals for numbers ? 

No idea but it does look rather smart.

• Like 1

Dammit @trickyrich I was just going strong, glueing plastic and now I'm distracted by Hammond and May! Must.. not... watch!

10 seconds into the lego build competition and May has already nicked one of Hammond's bags... good fun these guys... Now back to work!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

How accurate is this profile folks ? 1QMZZXI.jpg

I have an extra Heller kit and if i get the Bulldog done i may go with this scheme or a Finnish Hawk ? I know the Heller kit is an Hawk 75a3 but everything I have seen says the differences are mostly internal. I believe i can mask and paint the markings and use spare decals for numbers ? 

I don't believe there were any Hawks with Norwegian markings in 1941, after the German occupation began in 1940 :hmmm:

These look like the markings used by Little Norway

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There were some Hawk 75's delivered to Norway just prior to the German invasion on April 9th 1940. Most were in crates and later delivered to the Finns, but 4-5 were operational although didn't see action against the invaders. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 11:20 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

How accurate is this profile folks ? 

The drawings show a 75A-8 in bare metal, which is not accurate. There were a few 75A-6s (different engine) in bare metal in Norway in 1940. All Norwegian 75A-8s in Canada were painted green (which shade of green is another discussion, though...).

Nils

• Thanks 1

Might have found my build.... IKEA coffee table! I need somewhere to put more 1/72 V Bombers and this should hopefully fit four of them... I'll buy one when my second Airfix Valiant is getting close to finishing. 

So yep, I'll actually build an ikea flatpack for this (the rules say I can!)

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

I need somewhere to put more 1/72 V Bombers and this should hopefully fit four of them...

Adam, I just knew you couldn’t write even one post without mentioning “V-Bomber” in there somewhere!! I look forward to seeing the table and it’s accompanying ornaments. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Adam, I just knew you couldn’t write even one post without mentioning “V-Bomber” in there somewhere!! I look forward to seeing the table and it’s accompanying ornaments. 

Cheers.. Dave 

I do sometimes wonder if I can myself.... I did just buy an Airfix He111 for £2.99 (plus £25 of Amazon vouchers!) so maybe I will be able to soon...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, Adam Poultney said:

Might have found my build.... IKEA coffee table! I need somewhere to put more 1/72 V Bombers and this should hopefully fit four of them... I'll buy one when my second Airfix Valiant is getting close to finishing. 

So yep, I'll actually build an ikea flatpack for this (the rules say I can!)

Mrs W has just informed me that I will not be allowed to buy another model cabinet when my current one is full. However she might appreciate a new coffee table. And it's her birthday soon! 

Thanks for the tip.

Colin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Colin W said:

Mrs W has just informed me that I will not be allowed to buy another model cabinet when my current one is full. However she might appreciate a new coffee table. And it's her birthday soon! 

Thanks for the tip.

Colin 

Make sure to get a double layered one so you have your own shelf underneath

• Haha 1