Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

44 minutes ago, Hewy said:

I do hope somone rocks up with a dora wings 72nd westland  lysander and builds it in finnish markings, finding such decals may be hit and miss though 

The Eduard 48th scale kit will be another option for that one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Christer A said:

Aha! You meant it like that...

Well, when newly painted, like these J 35A then I'd say that 35042 is quite close.

Saab_J_35A-01.jpg

Ah that does look more like it, but now that raises a new question, the lighter colour is meant to be close olive green 34086 but that is clearly brown.

• Like 3

...but that´s nothing compared to what ICM has included in its otherwise superb 1:72 Do 17 kit; they make you add all four bars in each cross separately! Will I use something else from my stash, you bet! The blue appears to be too bright and light anyway.

do17z2finnish_03.jpg&key=3129762b2630cdd

• Like 1

Hi everyone 

Can someone please tell me the colour of overalls/flying suit worn by Norwegian Sabre pilots in the late 50’s/early 60’s please. 

Thanks in advance 

James 

Edited by franky boy

Think I will paint a few "colour chips" and see what the various paints look like. I seem to remember reading in an earlier thread that Tamiya XF61 was ok for freshly painted Lansen A and Humbrol Hu 116 for a faded version so I will see how they compare. The Urban chart says Hu116 for the Draken as well though I am not sure that is "Olive" enough. Any suggestions? The comment "the colours have become a little faded over the years" on the Lansen thread above is something of an understatement!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Col. said:

I LOVE this scheme! So yes please go for it. Is there decals available for it?

Thanks Col, I’ll make a start on it when I finish my Mosquito :thumbsup: There are indeed decals available for it: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SY48118?result-token=RllHZ

Cheers,

Sean

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mozzy19 said:

Anyone mind if I join in on this? I was thinking of building a Kinetic F-16 in these colours:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9371181

Sean

you say it, you show it, you now have to build it!!!!  :D

That is an awesome scheme, you so have to do it and the Kinetic model is a fine choice, equal to if not better than the Tamiya model.

• Like 1

Well folks the time is drawing ever closer to the start of this GB.

Wow the threads are now on 2 pages and we haven't even started yet.

So far we have a truly amazing assortment of builds with what would have to be the widest range of subject matter I've ever seen in a GB, we pretty well have everything covered. I think we just need a rail subject to complete it...sorry SciFi stuff isn't allowed.......though if it was in a Nordic TV series?

So thank you to everyone that has signed in already, those that haven't there's still plenty of time.  and a huge range of subject matter to choose from.

Plus a huge thank you to or Nordic experts who have been very busy helping out with information. Stuff like that is what makes these GB's so awesome, thank you, your help is so really appreciated!!!! :worthy:

oh and i could help myself, I've taken all the parts for my build out of there plastic bags! 😊

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Plus a huge thank you to or Nordic experts who have been very busy helping out with information. Stuff like that is what makes these GB's so awesome, thank you, your help is so really appreciated!!!! :worthy:

Nice post Rich and this paragraph is certainly seconded by me. It's promising to be a great GB and even better for the generous input provided by those in the know. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

you say it, you show it, you now have to build it!!!!  :D

That is an awesome scheme, you so have to do it and the Kinetic model is a fine choice, equal to if not better than the Tamiya model.

Oh it’s gonna get built :D I’m not sure about the Kinetic kit being a fine choice, but it’s definitely a simpler way of getting an MLU airframe :hmmm:

Sean

On 1/14/2020 at 6:18 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know how long the Swedish Air Force used Bristol Bulldogs ? I have an Airfix kit and was thinking of building it ? I have the original White roundels with Black crowns. However did the operate post 1937, when the roundels went to Blue and Gold ? If so id like to do the Bulldog with the later roundels ? Anyone also know of a good source of photo’s of Swedish Bulldogs ? My other option would be a P-51 in Swedish colors ? 

Dennis

I have seen photos of the Bulldog with the later roundels. They appeares to have had the same paintjob as the Gladiators (olive green over light grayblue).

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

I have seen photos of the Bulldog with the later roundels. They appeares to have had the same paintjob as the Gladiators (olive green over light grayblue).

Thanks for the tip, Don't suppose you have the photo’s or possibly the link offhand ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks for the tip, Don't suppose you have the photo’s or possibly the link offhand ? 

Dennis

Found it, in Mr Leif Fredin’s photobucket collection. Highly recommended, especially if you are into crashed aeroplanes.

https://s301.photobucket.com/user/Leif-Fredin/media/1216redA45copy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=873

edit: found one more in the same collection

https://s301.photobucket.com/user/Leif-Fredin/media/1214redA08copy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=880

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Wow the threads are now on 2 pages and we haven't even started yet.

As you say Rich, this is ar 860 posts and hasn't started. The T55 GB is on 868 and finished 3 days ago! 

Clearly a great idea for a group build. 

Colin