Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

3 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

I was driving a splinter-camo Volvo in the army, and have been planning to build one as a memory - one of these:

022yizpyz6TK?filename=MRKA.000001.jpg&di

But I haven’t found a source and will build something with wings here 😛

That's just not fair !

You lead us all on to think we have our first Volvo....

And then snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :cry:

25 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

That's just not fair !

And then snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :cry:

I would love to have seen a Volvo, any old Volvo Built. I have three in 1:1 scale. Oldest is 1970.

Anyone know of a Volvo 144 car kit?

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

No worries, I already signed up for a Volvo, the F12, an '80's classic 🙂 

Here it is: 

49368376606_99da39ccd3_z.jpg

Funny detail: 1/32 logs included

49367922268_9231c3d012_z.jpg

Edited by JeroenS
Kit info added
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Count me in too! I've never been in a GB before but there's a first for everything... And I have a soft spot for Scandinavia, so... that makes two reasons to join. @richellis I'll be joining you in the truck department with Heller's 1/32 Volvo F12-20! 

welcome along to your first GB, only a few days to go now until the start, nice choice and great to see something different.

7 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Thanks to Santa and Stoppel Hobby in Copenhagen, I have no Further excuses for not participating in this my first GB. Looking forward to it and to see all your folks contributions! 

and the same to you as well, welcome to your first GB, this one should be a fun way to start off the GB year.

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Funny detail: 1/32 logs included

49367922268_9231c3d012_z.jpg

That wouldn't happen to be  "Norwegian Wood"?  :D

Whilst digging around looking for my lead weight, I found this!

DSC02352-crop

My old Airfix "prototype" Viggen from around 1971 I think, originally overall silver. About 10 years later - maybe more - I came across an article with pics of a Viggen in the splinter pattern and with the production modifications to the fuselage spine. I did a bit of work with filler , or more likely Plastic Wood in those days, though the info was pretty limited, and then had a shot at the colour scheme based on a couple of photos. It has faded and the artificial light has made the colours a bit brown, but I seem to have used 3 shades of green and tan. The decs are either the originals painted around or ones from my spares box. Of course it is far from accurate, but given the rather sketchy info I don't think it was too bad, though the various colour patches should be somewhat smaller and more frequent. The underside is a light grey.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 10

Looking forwards to get this started too! :D

I kinda made my mind up earlier already, what I'm gonna build. But truth to be told, it's not set in stone yet. These are my prospects for Scandinavian build, some might still be missing decals but otherwise ready to go (apart from the Airfix Viggen - which has two of the same fuselage halves  😞 )

spacer.png

Decisions, decisions. Oh, and I already noticed I'm missing one in the pic, a Revell two seater Gripen.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, reini said:

I kinda made my mind up earlier already, what I'm gonna build. But truth to be told, it's not set in stone yet. These are my prospects for Scandinavian build,

You already know what I'm gonna say... :wicked:

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

A black one as well so you look slimmer !

So you've seen my pic! Actually, I had a '92 900 Imola red 3d coupe for 13 years. Didn't make me look any fatter but I regard that car to be the one of my life.

• Like 2

all right you lot, time to start getting those threads up, we're now in the final days of the countdown!!!

Rules are/will be up.

The GB's name will be changed as well to the "Nordic GB" but everything else will remain the same.

Well looking back I realised I have three Swedish and one Danish subject in the collection so possibly time for another country to be represented. 

Mistercraft have a new boxing of Heller's Sabre with Norwegian marking and of course Airfix's newish Sea King has a nice scheme too!

Edited by stevej60

gosh we are off to a flying start with the number of build threads already!!

Welcome everyone to the first GB of the Decade!!! Only a few days to go till the offical start, so get those threads up and for those still undecided what to build.......well you'd better get on it.

Is anyone prepared at this stage to make a guess at this early stage as to what will be the most popular build???

Draken or Viggen???

• Like 1

I'd have to go Scania!

Especially when all the good bit from a Pentair Diesel are fitted to an old Merc W123 Diesel wagon!!! :devil:

Black Smoke Racing, their old beast!!!

the environment be dammed!!! :D I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

• Haha 1