Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

4 hours ago, Christer A said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One

(this is a required viewing here in Sweden during New Years Eve. Everyone quotes the catchphrase "Same procedure as every year" )

I'll try to be very active during this GB and fill in wherever I can.

Or call for help from other Swedish modellers 😎

I do love that one....good old fashion humour at it's best!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Christer A said:

Genius might be stretching it...

I have performed quite a lot of turnarounds (refueling, getting ready for take-off and stuff) for AJ37 Viggen though so I have some familiarity with the beast.

Which kit are you working from?

In 1/72 there is a resin cannon available:

https://www.rebell.com/ja37-viggen-oerlikon-belly-canon.html

Super cool!

I have The tarangus /special hobby 1/48 aj37 ‘attack version’

so i’ll also need decals too, for a gray aircraft

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/special-hobby-sh48148-saab-aj-37-viggen-attack-version--1164341

Edited by Dansk

2 hours ago, Dansk said:

Super cool!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/special-hobby-sh48148-saab-aj-37-viggen-attack-version--1164341

Drop Max att Rebell.com an email and ask if it's possible to buy the missing pieces separately?

He might have a few Tarangus JA37 boxes that are damaged or something.

As for decals, Moose Republic has a JA37 decal set that looks quite purdy:

JA_Instructioons_Page2_MRD.jpg

Edited by Christer A
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I imagine a splintered viggen will be a popular choice in this gb , "what are you building" (or are you waiting till sunday)  

Me  I'm  building the  1/32 brewster  239 , "taivaan helmi over finland,"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Christer A said:

Drop Max att Rebell.com an email and ask if it's possible to buy the missing pieces separately?

He might have a few Tarangus JA37 boxes that are damaged or something.

As for decals, Moose Republic has a JA37 decal set that looks quite purdy:

Thanks for your help Christer I’ll drop him a mail.
I was contemplating this evening buying the revell 1/48 JA 37 and taking the gun off that and the decals as an inexpensive solution also. 
The whole kit is the price of some decals.

I had always thought that the darkest colour in the Viggen splinter camo was black and IPMS Stockholm seem to agree, though I have seen some articles saying a dark black green and Christer's pic above seems to confirm that though I guess it is faded? I was going to use "Nato Black" if I do that scheme, but now I am unsure. Thoughts anybody?

Pete

Edited by PeterB

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I doubt you will regret investing in the Tarangus/Special Hobby kit.  It's excellent.

I will if my wife finds out! :blink2:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Christer A said:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-2785-saab-ja-37-aj-37-viggen--1135117

Yeah great decals, the gun pack and some extra fina for the tank and that's it!

Are you sure that the fuselage extension isn't included in your AJ kit? 

Its all the extras i need right? 👍

i don’t know if my aj kit has the extensions? Im not entirely sure what Im looking for to be honest
Can you tell from the instructions / sprue schematic here?...

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/3/4/1/1164341-57-instructions.pdf

10 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

There's an awful lot of jet powered stuff muscling into this GB.

Can we redress the balance with some Scania's and Volvos please !

Cheers Pat

No ones enlisted to do one of these yet....

spacer.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dansk said:

Super cool!

I don't know if you if you have heard of these lot or not, but they are the ones to go to for all thing SAAB. I got all my extras for my Viggen from them.

2 hours ago, PeterB said:

I had always thought that the darkest colour in the Viggen splinter camo was black and IPMS Stockholm seem to agree, though I have seen some articles saying a dark black green and Christer's pic above seems to agree though I guess it is faded? I was going to use "Nato Black" if I do that scheme, but now I am unsure. Thoughts anybody?

Pete

It's not a pure black, more like a cross between NATO Black and Rubber Black. I have heard it talked about as almost a very black green. The Mr. Paint colour I used is very much like Rubber Black (Tamiya). Plus with the additional fading they seem to all have.... you could almost get away using it as long as you fade the other colours as well.

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

i don’t know if my aj kit has the extensions? Im not entirely sure what Im looking for to be honest

Ok the Tarangus model comes with all the bits you need to make any of the Viggen version, where as the spacial hobby model only comes with the sprue required.

You'll need this sprue to do the JA-37 version. It came with mine but there was no mention of it in the instructions, note it also has the gun pack you need.

IMG_4058-L.jpg

The "oval" shaped bit is the fuselage plus you need it goes between the 2 main fuselage sections.

Now at the risk of starting a rant about Tarangus model.......the instructions for it and the AJ-37 was very poor and forgot to mention for my build that you also had to remove a small section of the front fuselage section spine as well to get it to fit. As the Special Hobby model uses the mounds this ''extra" bit will still be there. You'll see what I mean on the inside of part 101.

You can have these bits if you want as they are no use to me, just PM me if you're interested.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dansk said:

I have the kit but I haven't looked at it...

Strange that they are crossing out the AJ fin an instead pointing out the JA fin? Oh well, at least the color profiles are right.

It seems you get the 4-finned fuel tank as well, so you just need the extra little sprue then :)

8 hours ago, PeterB said:

I had always thought that the darkest colour in the Viggen splinter camo was black and IPMS Stockholm seem to agree, though I have seen some articles saying a dark black green and Christer's pic above seems to confirm that though I guess it is faded? I was going to use "Nato Black" if I do that scheme, but now I am unsure. Thoughts anybody?

Pete

That aircraft is quite faded, as all Swedish Air Force aircrafts are. Repaints are extremely rare, and after 20 years of use the colors are all over the place. When new, NATO black is probably a little too grey but that is not a problem later on :)

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Pat

And a few Valmet, Sisu and other Finish commercial vehicles , right?

8 hours ago, Dansk said:

No ones enlisted to do one of these yet....

spacer.png

I looked, but it appears that there are no normal plastic kits of any Koenigsegg.

Strange...

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Now can someone please release a 1/48th version of the SAAB 105 or SK 60C!!!  :pray:

I know Pilot-Replicas have been promising one for ages.

PR started up again recently, so with a bit of luck ..

Some Sk60 were in splinter IIRC...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I don't know if you if you have heard of these lot or not, but they are the ones to go to for all thing SAAB. I got all my extras for my Viggen from them.

Theres no link but are you refering to maestro models?

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

You'll need this sprue to do the JA-37 version. It came with mine but there was no mention of it in the instructions, note it also has the gun pack you need.

The "oval" shaped bit is the fuselage plus you need it goes between the 2 main fuselage sections.

Now at the risk of starting a rant about Tarangus model.......the instructions for it and the AJ-37 was very poor and forgot to mention for my build that you also had to remove a small section of the front fuselage section spine as well to get it to fit. As the Special Hobby model uses the mounds this ''extra" bit will still be there. You'll see what I mean on the inside of part 101.

You can have these bits if you want as they are no use to me, just PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for all the info and the kind offer i will send you a pm rich 🙏👍

i stalked tracked your old build of the viggen and it did look like a fair bit of work (but an ace result), hope i can manage it. 🤞

4 hours ago, Christer A said:

I looked, but it appears that there are no normal plastic kits of any Koenigsegg.

Strange...

Close, It’s the danish zenvo (the tsr s version) 

same thing as the koenigsegg - it would need a ground-up complete scratch build 😳

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Pat

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

What sort of jets are they Pat??

How about a Volvo RM8? :whistle:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dansk said:

Theres no link but are you refering to maestro models?

Thanks for all the info and the kind offer i will send you a pm rich 🙏👍

i stalked tracked your old build of the viggen and it did look like a fair bit of work (but an ace result), hope i can manage it. 🤞

Close, It’s the danish zenvo (the tsr s version) 

same thing as the koenigsegg - it would need a ground-up complete scratch build 😳

maybe second time lucky! :whistle:

https://www.maestromodels.com/all-items.html?scale=302

• Thanks 1

Count me in too! I've never been in a GB before but there's a first for everything... And I have a soft spot for Scandinavia, so... that makes two reasons to join. @richellis I'll be joining you in the truck department with Heller's 1/32 Volvo F12-20! 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Pat

I was driving a splinter-camo Volvo in the army, and have been planning to build one as a memory - one of these:

022yizpyz6TK?filename=MRKA.000001.jpg&di

But I haven’t found a source and will build something with wings here 😛

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Torbjorn said:

I was driving a splinter-camo Volvo in the army, and have been planning to build one as a memory - one of these:

022yizpyz6TK?filename=MRKA.000001.jpg&di

But I haven’t found a source and will build something with wings here 😛

Please try to do that Volvo Torbjörn!

Just make sure you paint "Helikopter" on the canvas ;)

Edited by Christer A