Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

Ok I'm not sure if this has been proposed before or not, but it's well time we have one.

It was going to just be for the Scandinavian countries but seeing as Finland and Iceland are often included in the Scandinavian Peninsular, I think it's far to include them as well.

So the countries are;

Sweden

Norway

Denmark

Finland

Iceland

Nice and simple eligibility, produced in this region and used at home or abroad, or have been used by military in this region. Foreign countries military based in the countries are excluded!!

I probably should mention that Civilian craft/vehicles are included in the build as well.

....and Scandinavian drivers.....Racing drivers that is.

There's bound to be something of interest for everyone here.

If there is additional interest I may include an Ikea section for those not model inclined....though that build will need to run for 12 months and therapy is included.

1, trickyrich - Host

2, Avereda

3, Corsairfoxfouruncle

4, vppelt68

5, Wes

6, Jens

7, Valkyrie

8, MarkSH

9, nimrod54

10, Hockeyboy76

11, Torbjorn

12, Mig Eater

13, Christer A

14, theplasticsurgeon

15, modelling minion

16, Caenbannog

17, milktrip

18, CliffB

19, Jabba

20, Romeo Alpha Yankee

21, Arniec

22, Col. - Co-Host

23, zebra

24, NorwegianWood

25, Liam Harrison

26, exdraken

27, Marlin 

28, Dansk

29, SAU

30, chrisrope

31, helios16v

32, Beazer

33, Boman

34, Tiger331

35, gingerbob

36, Beazer

37, Enzo Matrix

38, Andre B

39, Grandboof

40, Skodadriver

41, Roland Pulfrew

42, reini

43, srkirad

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I am defo in to this one. That magnificent Swedish camouflage on something like the one Gripen, Viggen or a chopper. May also try for something from each and have a Scandinavian shelf suite.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure of the Draken, but I recall the Swedes painting at least one Gripen A in Viggen-like splinter camo, and that looked cool! Nowadays they try to sell the Gripen NG with a mock-up in grey digital camo scheme, like the Global Eye too. Wouldn't mind them replacing our Hornets one day 🙂

2019-03-17_08-38-32

2019-03-17_08-38-02

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ok quick question for the experten ? Did the Draken ever wear the splinter camouflage like the Viggen ? I suspect not but Im curious, otherwise i will stick with the standard camouflage. 

Dennis

Yes, but only one or two early Drakens wore it.

Jens

• Thanks 1

mmmm a Gripen in Digital camo!!! Now that would be tempting. 

I have Best Choice's JAS-39C & D, they're Italeri models tarted up, not very nice at all! The 39C is half completed and the 39 is untouched....and may stay like that for a while too!

Now the new Kitty Hawk model could be tempting...

now I've just found these decals:

https://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/wp/72/wpd72105.htm

pity they're not masks, but a Gripen in splinter!!! and the Draken!!! :wub: The urge is strong.... :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I display my builds, and store some of my stash and supplies, in an IKEA Hemnes cabinet with three drawers below and four shelves behind glass doors. I have indeed considered painting the inner surfaces with a sky-like backdrop. I do need to buy some extra shelves soon as it´s getting a bit cramped, they are available through their spares department. Oh! This was not the second sign-in on the Furniture Section of this GB 🤪! V-P

• Like 2