Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

"and we all sing build'm all build'm all........" :jabber:

15 minutes ago, Col. said:

W.W.E.M.D. ;) 

(What Would Enzo Matrix Do)

You're all more than welcome to try building them all, the way I'm going at the minute and with lots of GB's and STGB's arriving at around the same time I'll be lucky to get just one done, that is of course if I can make my mind up and decide which one to build!

On 12/13/2019 at 6:33 AM, modelling minion said:

You're all more than welcome to try building them all, the way I'm going at the minute and with lots of GB's and STGB's arriving at around the same time I'll be lucky to get just one done, that is of course if I can make my mind up and decide which one to build!

as Dictator Host of this GB I would suggest you do finish one build at least!!! :fight:

Plus I am happy to start a poll for member to decide on what you should build if you really can't make up your mind.......could even do one of my infamous famous chart even to following the vote progress! :D

Being the first build of the year there really is no excuse for a busy work bench!!

Gosh the feeling of power is great..........I don't know how "Enzo the Magnificent" (formally known as "Senior Enzo") handles it??

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Plus I am happy to start a poll for member to decide on what you should build if you really can't make up your mind.......could even do one of my infamous famous chart even to following the vote progress! :D

Best get your poll out then! ( ooh errr!! ).

I can think of no better way to get our team of builders motivated and engaged with the GB than  by giving them the choice over what kit some other poor mug has to build. If you would like I will come up with another couple of options to add to the list and will try and cover all 4 countries covered as I recognise that my choices are very Finn heavy and as of yet don't include anything from Denmark and I don't want to upset Paul ( @Dansk )! :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Best get your poll out then! ( ooh errr!! ).

I can think of no better way to get our team of builders motivated and engaged with the GB than  by giving them the choice over what kit some other poor mug has to build. If you would like I will come up with another couple of options to add to the list and will try and cover all 4 countries covered as I recognise that my choices are very Finn heavy and as of yet don't include anything from Denmark and I don't want to upset Paul ( @Dansk )! :) 

I'm liking this idea the more I think of it (add evil chuckle).....

Arrr Enzo!! I have the perfect idea for a new annual GB .......... "Lets pick Modelling minion's Builds for the next year GB".

Complete with a poll to select the builds and not necessarily ones he wants to build either! I reckon it'd be fun for all..........maybe not quite so for him! :D

....or he could just make his mind up now. You do need to accept the Spreadsheet into your life!! Spreadsheets bring harmony to life!

Now we just need Enzo to stop leaving gaps in the GB start dates my spreadsheet (no GB's starting in March) would be in balance!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mig Eater said:

A pack of Draken being taken out for their daily walkies...

7ae0j3vwr5i01.jpg

Could make an interesting diorama 😛 

It would however besides the old Airfix kit I can’t seem to find (even one) Heller Draken kit anywhere for sale! The Hasegawa kit seems equally hard and possibly too expensive if I found one anyway. Does anyone know what’s the story with the Heller kit, has it always been this difficult to track down? 

This GB is taking me to subjects I would not have normally considered, not exactly ideal news to reduce ones stash... thanks Rich!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

BUT NO GB's!!!!  :angry:

my spreadsheet looks uneven and perfect order is not achieved!!  :frantic:

I guess I may have to make one up to restore order to the universe.......and my spreadsheet! :closedeyes:

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

It would however besides the old Airfix kit I can’t seem to find (even one) Heller Draken kit anywhere for sale! The Hasegawa kit seems equally hard and possibly too expensive if I found one anyway. Does anyone know what’s the story with the Heller kit, has it always been this difficult to track down? 

This GB is taking me to subjects I would not have normally considered, not exactly ideal news to reduce ones stash... thanks Rich!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

you know I have a Heller one I acquired which doesn't look likes it's been started yet. Some parts have been removed but all look to be there, the decals are pretty crap though.

You can have it if you like, I'll never build it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave 

The Hasegawa one can also be found in Revell boxes if that helps.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

You can have it if you like, I'll never build it.

That’s great news Rich! Let me PM you a little later. Just taking the Mrs our to do some shopping, need to find her a few Christmas pressies and her birthday is on Boxing Day! Now since we started going out I’ve always asked her “Darling, would you like one big $20 present or two crappy $10 ones?” After 25 years of repeating this line, it’s staring to wear a bit thin! 

Cheers and many thanks for offering this up, might have to see if I can include it in this GB? 

Cheers.. Dave 

welcome along everyone

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I reckon I should join this one @trickyrich having never done a group build. I have plenty of subjects in the stash, and my wife is half Norwegian. How could I not!

Terry

welcome to your first one, this looks like it's going to be quite a popular GB.

for those that haven't got a build sorted yet, there's still time to get a letter/e-mail in to Santa.:santa:

https://www.emailsanta.com/email-santa-mobile.asp   :penguin:

1 hour ago, Rich B said:

Sprue Brothers has the Special Hobby 1/72 AJ-37/SK-37 double kit on sale today. One jumped into my cart and forced me to buy it.

yeah...  those Viggens can be very persuasive!  :D

hmmm the Viggen maybe the popular choice for this GB and very understandable why as well.

Now how many will we see in the "Splinter" scheme and how many will bailout for the simpler grey/silver ones??? :hmmm:

12 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

hmmm the Viggen maybe the popular choice for this GB and very understandable why as well.

Now how many will we see in the "Splinter" scheme and how many will bailout for the simpler grey/silver ones??? :hmmm:

And how many will do both...?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

And how many will do both...?

If I get my act together, markings are included in the kit for splinter and natural metal for both versions. Of course, some might say the metal finish isn't the simpler choice.

Cheers,

Rich

• Like 1