Nordic GB Chat

trickyrich

14 hours ago, Colin W said:

Does anyone know the difference between the Grippen E and the A? Clearly the wing tip jobbies are new but externally it looks otherwise the same. 

I have 2 Grippens  in the stash due to the Hobby Boss being a rebox of the Italeri one but in a much bigger box. I already have built a Thai Grippen in std o/a grey so this could be an easy conversion to a more attractive scheme. 

I was secretly planning a Special Hobby Viggen for this Group build but might be diverted. 

Colin 

The fuselage is different, it looks much deeper and beefier, Main landing Gear folds into the wings, the nose Gear is a single wheel, the engine is a GE-414G, three weapon pylons under the Main fuselage (the reason for moving MLG) and AESA radar. Probably a bunch of stuff under the skin too.

The Aircraft in the picture is not of a prototype but the first serial production aircraft for Flygvapnet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

The Empire Test Pilots' School (ETPS) in the United Kingdom has used the Gripen for advanced fast jet training of test pilots since 1999. It operates a D aircraft.

I've actually got the decals for this which is why I got a 2 seater in the first place. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:
21 hours ago, Colin W said:

Can anyone guess what I'm going to say next?   Anyone?  Anyone?

Maybe with a few less group builds a year i might be able to. 

😀

• Haha 1

Just now, Enzo Matrix said:

Thanks Dave.  I'll try and track one down.

Unfortunately it’s not a set I have, otherwise I would have sent you a pair. I’m sure someone on here would be able to look after you. 

Cheers. Dave 

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Does anyone know of a kit or accessory set that contains AGM-119 Penguin missiles? 

In 72nd or 48th scale Enzo?

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I'll just leave this here...

23026195054_e6c3ed29fe_b.jpg

Is that a hint towards your subject choice?

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Does anyone know of a kit or accessory set that contains AGM-119 Penguin missiles? 

:penguin:

What's black and white and goes round and around?

A Penguin in a revolving door.

What's black, white, black, white, black, white, black, white?

A penguin rolling down a hill

A penguin is driving along one day and his car starts making this really strange sound.

So, he pulls into the first gas station he sees, jumps out of his car, runs up to the mechanic and says: "I need for someone to look at my car! There's something wrong with it!"

The mechanic looks at him and says "Well I can do that but you'll have to wait about 20 minutes or so."

The penguin looks across the street and notices an ice cream shop! (Penguins just LOVE Ice cream.) So he says "OK I'll be back."

He tosses him his keys runs across the street and has a big ol' bowl of ice cream.

He comes back, looks at the mechanic and says "Did you figure out what's wrong with my car?"

"Well" replies the mechanic "looks like you blew a seal."

The penguin quickly wipes off his face and says "OH NO, that's just ice cream!"

...............................:ninja:

• Haha 4

My original idea of 3D printing the Swedish Kranvagn tank wont be possible as I dont have enough time to prepare (was hoping the GB would be later in the year), so I'll go with my back up plan with the Finish BT-42.

spacer.png 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, exdraken said:

hmmm

so many options!

thinking about a Danish Draken, maybe the flag carrying special?

or going in full with a Viggen on take-off?

still time to think and prepare! :) 

Well, someone needs to do a Viggen with that lovely splinter camo 😎

Perhaps the photo-recon SF37 with a camerapods for extra splinter-ness?

800px-Saab_SF_37_Viggen_37951_F_13_Br%C3

After all, it's the only version that has splinter on the nose too, since it lacked radar.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

been there done that.....and still have the scars!!!  The scheme not too scary, the Tarangus/Special Hobby Viggen!!! 

I'm currently building a Special Hobby JA37 in 1/72.  Due to the myriad fuselage components (attenpting to cater for every version including the stretched JA) it could be a tricky build, but I've found that if you take it slow and steady, it works out okay.

As I've said before, I'll be building an SH37 Viggen with Rb04 BFMs under the wings.   

• Like 1

:thumbsup:   "I'll be building an SH37 Viggen with Rb04 BFMs under the wings."  the only way to go!

I'd be interested to know how you found the joins around the intakes/fuselage segments/and trailing edge exhaust area. These were the most problematic for me even after lots of test fitting!!

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

hmmm

so many options!

Tell me about it!

Every time I check the stash I choose another subject, top contenders at the moment are Special Hobby 1/48 Finnish Buffalo, HobbyBoss 1/48 SAAB Tunnan, 1/48 Norwegian F-84 (Revell), ICM 1/48 I-153 Finnish or an Eduard Mig-21 bis in Finnish markings but in a temporary winter camo scheme. And that's just the top contenders!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, trickyrich said:

:penguin:

What's black and white and goes round and around?

A Penguin in a revolving door.

What's black, white, black, white, black, white, black, white?

A penguin rolling down a hill

A penguin is driving along one day and his car starts making this really strange sound.

So, he pulls into the first gas station he sees, jumps out of his car, runs up to the mechanic and says: "I need for someone to look at my car! There's something wrong with it!"

The mechanic looks at him and says "Well I can do that but you'll have to wait about 20 minutes or so."

The penguin looks across the street and notices an ice cream shop! (Penguins just LOVE Ice cream.) So he says "OK I'll be back."

He tosses him his keys runs across the street and has a big ol' bowl of ice cream.

He comes back, looks at the mechanic and says "Did you figure out what's wrong with my car?"

"Well" replies the mechanic "looks like you blew a seal."

The penguin quickly wipes off his face and says "OH NO, that's just ice cream!"

...............................:ninja:

In a past life a former colleague bought her three year old son into the office and he spent a long time looking out of my windows so I told him that if he looked carefully he would probably see the penguins hiding under the trees.

When I saw said colleague some months later she severely berated me as her darling son was still telling everyone he met that there were penguins where his mummy worked.

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Tell me about it!

Every time I check the stash I choose another subject, top contenders at the moment are Special Hobby 1/48 Finnish Buffalo, HobbyBoss 1/48 SAAB Tunnan, 1/48 Norwegian F-84 (Revell), ICM 1/48 I-153 Finnish or an Eduard Mig-21 bis in Finnish markings but in a temporary winter camo scheme. And that's just the top contenders!

"and we all sing build'm all build'm all........" :jabber:

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Tell me about it!

W.W.E.M.D. ;) 

(What Would Enzo Matrix Do)

• Haha 3