UNCL 18" resin Fireball XL5 Kit + Scratch-Built Launch Cradle and Rails

Hi Everyone!

I am pleased to present My completed Fireball XL5 Project using UNCL Kits recentley-released kit, purchased from Timeless Hobbies.

Model went together well (inspite of interference from Me!:)), and I can highly recommend it to any Gerry Anderson fans!!

Build log here:-

Photo's of finished job:-

C12

C11

C10

C9

C8

C7

C6

C5

C4

C3

C2

C1

Thanks for looking in!!

Keep Sticking!

Cheers,  Pete

Edited by morty_3333
Typo
  • Like 19

Hi Pete!

thanks for Your kind remarks, I've really enjoyed building this, it has taken a lot longer to finish due to health problems, but I'm going in for spinal surgery soon,will keep Me from the bench for a while, but I hope I'll be sorted so I can crack on with some modelling.

I'm looking at doing the big Simian Stuff Angel next, and I've also got UNCL's TB1 & TB3 to do, so looking forward to doing those after building this one!

First time I've had a go at panel shading, had a couple of tries at getting it right, I still think it's a bit dark, but live and learn!

Keep Sticking!

Cheers,  Pete

Edited by morty_3333
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, morty_3333 said:

but I'm going in for spinal surgery soon

Good luck and get well soon. Your stash sounds interesting!

13 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Love the scratch built launch track too

That makes two of us. I do have a Dapol/Airfix signal gantry.......

BTW, Get the dust blown off it!

That looks superb, I hope I can build mine later this summer to be as good as that! The scratch building of the launch rail was a joy to watch.

I hope your surgery goes well and you recover swiftly. Will you be taking this to any model shows this year?

Wow - great subject, beautifully done. I didn't know about these kits - I will have have to find out more about them!

I hope all goes well with your surgery and that you will be happily back at the modelling bench soon,

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Everybody!

Thanks for the kind remarks and well wishes, been waiting for 3 years to have the surgery so I'm looking forward to it!! :nodding:

Kallisti :-

Will you be taking this to any model shows this year?

I don't usually exhibit at shows, I only normally go to Cosford and Telford, Cosford won't be an option this year, but I am off for Telford but I'm taking a New convert (Model Cars) from work to show Him around.

As I said, I am well impressed with this and the other two UNCL kits  that I have, very little clean-up on the parts and no bubbles anywhere, I did have His Angel interceptor as well, but sold it to go towards buying the larger scale Simian Stuff one.

I'll be looking in a lot on the Forums while I'm off work, so I can get My 'Fix' watching everybody at the bench!! :whip:

Many Thanks!

Keep Sticking!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Hi gimme shelter!

Thanks for Your kind remarks about My build, I enjoyed the project very much and it's great the have My own Fireball in the display cabinet!

Keep Sticking!

Cheers,  Pete

Edited by morty_3333