This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
brewerjerry

thoughts out to those lost in NZ and their families

I have so many happy memories of Christchurch and New Zealand in  general, the folks there were so hospitable and kind.

I have no words that are printable for the idiot(s) that murder innocent people at any time but  to do it at a time of prayer makes it even more despicable.

Completely senseless and repugnant, I cannot even begin to think of what goes through someone's mind who thinks this will change anything. 

Thanks to all for these expression of sympathy, after a night shift to think on this I am still in a state of shock & disbelieve. This is so un Kiwi, I feel that as a nation we have probably suffered a huge loss of innocence but hope that the shared grief becoming so evident will in fact bring people together. 

Steve.

It’s an utterly appalling thing and I’m so sad for the victims and their families and loved ones..

Steve’s correct.

It feels like we’ve lost something as a nation... Innocence is probably correct. 

Up until yesterday Terrorisim was something that happened overseas not here and not in the manner in which it’s occured. 

We we normally have Friday beers in the office. Yesterday we didn’t everyone just wanted to get home. 

My older kids were seriously freaked out by it they asked me why it’s happened here I don’t have any answers..

It feels like this event will bring change to NZ it’s so manifestly un-kiwi but at the same time has happened here. We need time as a nation to process and understand it.

It brought tears to my eyes on hearing this. Especially as I have just spent a month on holiday in New Zealand and overwhelmed by the pure genuine hospitality shown to me, my wife and freind by all the locals wherever I went around the country.

But for this to happen.... well like others my thoughts about all those bigots would be unprintable.

But my most sincerest thoughts go to all in New Zealand at this sad time.  

Long live the peaceful folk of that most wonderful country.

Kia Ora

Posted (edited)

It really beggers belief that something like this with NZ's strict gun laws can happen,my sympathies to all involved...

Edited by Vince1159

Ineffably tragic, and completely pointless. My thoughts are with our allies across the puddle.

What really sticks in my craw is that the principal accused is, apparently, an Australian. If this is so, we need to disown him. He doesn't represent our views or our values. The perpetrator, whoever he may be, deserves on conviction to be thrown into a cell and the door welded shut.