This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/48 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190 V1 resin kit by Classic Airframes - released

Posted (edited)

Classic Airframes is back! No, not with the injected 1/48th Fairey Gannet AEW... Sigh.

But with a multimedia 1/48th Focke-Wulf Fw.190 V1 kit - ref. R8-009

Source: http://www.hyperscale.com/2019/reviews/kits/classicresinairframefw190v1preview_1.htm

Uncle Jules has just sent the cover artwork from the brand new, soon to be available Classic Airframes 1/48 scale multimedia Focke-Wulf Fw 190 V1.

The kit is presented mainly in resin with a vacform canopy and white metal undercarriage.

More details will be available closer to release.

Fw-190-V-1-box.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee

1 hour ago, kopperhed said:

Good to see CA return. Going to wait for their next project, though.

I agree ... I like the FW but we all know the early variants suffered from overheating and fires. The prototype kit like this just doesn't do anything for me. Id rather have a good production model instead of a prototype. 

Nice one. The “old” CA always did seem to try and fill the gaps that more mainstream manufacturers had left so I guess they are continuing in the same mould (pun intended).  Really nice to see them back in the game. 

Have this kit on order.  A friend of mine has built it and said it’s very nice, and a quick, easy build. I’ve always had a thing about prototypes, and this one looks like a 1930s air racer to me!