Bristol F.2B "Fighter the Crocodile", Eduard 1:48

Thank you all for your great feedback!

5 hours ago, Frank083 said:

Hope we are not gonna wait another year ´til your next build!

This build was done over a year, but in that timeframe I have also done other projects, e.g. the MOAB Eglin diorama and the SE.5a Night Fighter (shown here).

I can also show a "Weekend Edition" of an Benz aircraft engine on a mounting stand in 1/48, because it is much to beautiful to mount it behind a cowling of an aircraft model. But on which category? Does it fit in "Ready for Inspection - Aircraft"?

Cheers,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my Frank.  After I stopped being dizzy from looking at that pattern, I realized that I was gazing upon a masterpiece!!!!!!

I am not worthy :worthy:

Excellent!!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your nice feedback!

On 5/6/2019 at 9:12 PM, sanfrandragon said:

Your painting skills must be the best I've ever seen.

Personally I think I have seen models with better painting. The point here was the masking, the perfectly cutted squares are part of the Eduard kit.

After white primer I painted white, masked carefully starting from the middle. If I was not satisfied with a specific square, removed and repositioned, which needs a bit patience. Due to the following red layer I don't used pre- but postshading with clear colors like smoke. On the fuselage I had some trouble with the clear cote on top for the decals, I got some "fissures" in the red. No more so prominent visible after a light sanding and new layers of clear cote.

So I know for sure, that there are better paint jobs. All the details on the pictures improve the impression:coolio:

Cheers,

Frank :bye:

On 5/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, Bughunter said:

Thank you for your nice feedback!

Personally I think I have seen models with better painting. The point here was the masking, the perfectly cutted squares are part of the Eduard kit.

After white primer I painted white, masked carefully starting from the middle. If I was not satisfied with a specific square, removed and repositioned, which needs a bit patience. Due to the following red layer I don't used pre- but postshading with clear colors like smoke. On the fuselage I had some trouble with the clear cote on top for the decals, I got some "fissures" in the red. No more so prominent visible after a light sanding and new layers of clear cote.

So I know for sure, that there are better paint jobs. All the details on the pictures improve the impression:coolio:

Cheers,

Frank :bye:

How did you not get any bleed through?  I always get some bleed through under the masking tape, even though I really make sure the edges are firmly attached/

That is an incredible piece of model-making art!   I went from one amazing detail to another, and still found more to impress.  Yes Frank, that bi-plane is fantastic and I really enjoyed your pictorial.   Btw-The great photos really enhance the whole experience.  Bravo sir, bravo!

Gary

• Thanks 1