Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk.1, old mold

Really nice result. Convincing colours and nice weathering.

The shape looks good too. As I recall, the wing is a little thick on that kit, particularly the trailing edge - yours looks not too bad, did you do some work on it?

Cheers

Malcolm

4 hours ago, Baldy said:

The shape looks good too. As I recall, the wing is a little thick on that kit, particularly the trailing edge

Hi Malcolm

The old tool Tamiya kit is a funny beast,  from the angles you often see wartime shots, it look good,

but it has some pretty serious shape errors if you are a spit-o-phile

see here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234968337-two-148-mkvb-spitfires-tamiya-and-airfix-new-spitfire-collection-expansion-project-finished-photos-now-in-the-rfi-section-080615/&page=3

for details, and some corrections.  

the actual kit is very neat, assembles well,  sort of Tamiya slammer they are famous for. 

Not meant to be in any way a criticism of @Barbouille  model which  is a lovely piece of  work, very well built and painted. :goodjob:

17 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Hi Malcolm

The old tool Tamiya kit is a funny beast,  from the angles you often see wartime shots, it look good,

but it has some pretty serious shape errors if you are a spit-o-phile

see here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234968337-two-148-mkvb-spitfires-tamiya-and-airfix-new-spitfire-collection-expansion-project-finished-photos-now-in-the-rfi-section-080615/&page=3

for details, and some corrections.  

the actual kit is very neat, assembles well,  sort of Tamiya slammer they are famous for. 

Not meant to be in any way a criticism of @Barbouille  model which  is a lovely piece of  work, very well built and painted. :goodjob:

Hello Troy

Apologies all round here - I had it I'm my mind for some reason that it said Airfix Old Tool! 😳

Anyway it is a nice job.

Like the linked build.

Cheers

Malcolm