This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

chris57

What music are you playing:- Part V

For some reason this keeps coming into my head...

Radio station Double J.

Face the Music. Electric Light Orchestra.  '75 ...

Tomorrow's Harvest by Boards Of Canada. Seems somewhat relevant these days.

A Kind of Magic. Queen.  '86...

This gem here doesn't cheer ye up, then nuthin' will. :lol:  Yeh, the intro might as well fit the Saracenne :rofl2: 

Sitting here putting windows in my York (only another 12 to do) listening to Pink Floyd 'Money' on Planet Rock after hearing Led Zeppelin 'Carouselambra' which I have not heard for ages, having lost my cassette of 'In Through the Out Door' many years ago. Not their best album IMHO, but nice to hear after all these years 

Recurring Dreams. Tangerine Dream. 2020.

Powerage. AC/DC.   '78.

Quite like this version of Personal Jesus

Trevor

Posted (edited)

I still have to listen to Big Band music while building............otherwise many Air Band sessions break out and nothing gets done!

Edited by BlueNosers352nd

Due to me buying a six month old Corsa with no bleeping CD player, I have put all my CDS onto memory sticks. I have tried to get a semblance of organization to them one of which ended with various genres on that I hadn't got enough to warrant a stick on their own. So on it went R & Roll, Heavy, Country, Motown mainly. So I started listening and pressed random play. First song was a unheard of country person, follwed by Jackson Five, Dolly Parton, Black Sabbath, Stevie Wonder and AC/DC#

Nope won't be doing that again 

Back to searching for each album to listen to

Was much easier with a CD player😀

All of my music is on an external HDD, and on the Mac. It’s also backed up as data on DVR-Rs. I can send music to my phone, iPad and iPods. 
why not have a look for a CD player and either fit it yourself or get someone to do it for you? Must be some good aftermarket ones available online.

2 hours ago, Markh-75 said:

All of my music is on an external HDD, and on the Mac. It’s also backed up as data on DVR-Rs. I can send music to my phone, iPad and iPods. 
why not have a look for a CD player and either fit it yourself or get someone to do it for you? Must be some good aftermarket ones available online.

On a corsa the radio etc is all part of the info system. Not like the old days when you could change anything. They have also done away with jack plug socket, only a USB . I haven't found anyone who can advise me if a external CD player exists that will work. Tried Vauxhall direct and they said go to your dealer and ask. Who I expect will ask Vauxhall. There is a logic to all this but I am blowed if I can see it. 

Now I understand the way forward is to download music but what about all the stuff you already own. I used to collect cassettes and some of those you will never replace and I couldn't afford to anyway. Spent three years transferring all to puter. Now I have to search for it all. Still that's progress