This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

chris57

What music are you playing:- Part V

25 minutes ago, chris57 said:

Creedence Clearwater Revival collection, blast from the past.

Nice, I’ve been rehearsing Penthouse Pauper with my band recently 

From Elvis in Memphis, bought to accompny a forthcoming book in the 33 1/3 series.

J. S. Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D minor

1 hour ago, Ratch said:

J. S. Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D minor

One of my favourite pieces of music...

Classic early-mid 70’s Black Sabbath, SuperTramp, Ides of March, & Chicago  the early albums from CTA to Chicago IX. Big fan of the early 70’s horn rock. 

Dennis

Gene Clark- No Other, followed by the album that first introduced me to his music, This Mortal Coil's Filigree and Shadow.

Ocean Rain by Echo And The Bunnymen. It's been a while since I last heard that one!

Tangerine Dream. Santa Monica, 1980.

Blue Lines by Massive Attack. I feel a little Leftfield may be in order later.

On 16/03/2019 at 01:56, lasermonkey said:

Ocean Rain by Echo And The Bunnymen. It's been a while since I last heard that one!

Ah, part of the soundtrack to my time at RAF Cosford during trade training in 1984, Ocean Rain, Power Corruption and Lies and Hatful of Hollow were constant companions during the long rail journey's to and from the south coast.  Great choice

On 16/03/2019 at 11:38, Whofan said:

Blue Lines by Massive Attack. I feel a little Leftfield may be in order later.

I came to Massive Attack a bit later, I love Teardrop from Mezzanine, a beautiful song.  By contrast I was an early fan of Leftism by Leftfield simply because of Open Up, their collaboration with Lydon of whom I am a big fan and Release the Pressure.  The Original with Toni Halliday is a great song too!

Myself, I'm currently listening to Strummer 001 by none other than Joe Strummer ans many of his collaborators.  The version of Redemption Song with Johnny Cash is really quite a tender rendition.

From this album is the rocking Coma Girl...

Blue Lines. Massive Attack.

5 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Light Flux - TD.

ta

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

ta

BTW Mick. I'm probably committing heresy here, but the concert was the first one that I didn't enjoy. They hardly played any of the old standards, and what they did play was just a load of chord changes played very loud. That was probably my last TD concert. I'll still buy their CD's though.

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
Carnt spel.

A couple of relatively obscure ones. Firstly, Tocsin by Xmal Deutschland (which proves one's inner goth never dies) and then the soundtrack to Aguirre, Wrath Of God by Popol Vuh.

Posted (edited)

I like to listen to my two university radio stations, ckuw and unfm. The basic format is there with each scheduled show, spoken word, independent news and music, but they don’t play mainstream or top 40, they’re independent, so no bombardment of ads. 

Edited by busnproplinerfan

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

which proves one's inner goth never dies

I never had an inner Goth to die (just a little too old), however, in spite of people's passing, and despite my lack of spiky hair, or for that matter, any hair.  Punk rock isn't dead!  Some more Strummer greatness...

Edited by Wez

4 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

A couple of relatively obscure ones. Firstly, Tocsin by Xmal Deutschland (which proves one's inner goth never dies) and then the soundtrack to Aguirre, Wrath Of God by Popol Vuh.

Good call on the Xmal Deutschland! I was only playing Fetisch earlier today. An album I've had since I was 14 years old.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:56 PM, lasermonkey said:

Nice!  I was listening to Heaven Up Here just the other day, although Porcupine is probably my favorite album of theirs.

I listen more music from the 70th and 80th, like Billy Joel, Men at Work, the Stranglers, Toto, Supertramp and so on, and from the germans i like since my childhood Udo Jürgens, i dont know if you know him.

9 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

I listen more music from the 70th and 80th, like Billy Joel, Men at Work, the Stranglers, Toto, Supertramp and so on, and from the germans i like since my childhood Udo Jürgens, i dont know if you know him.

Always liked Men at Work and still listen to them regularly. Funny how they practically disappeared after having so much commercial success with the first two albums. My daily dose of music from Germany was courtesy of Rheingold's debut 1980 album, called Rheingold. Great album!