1QGFneQ.jpg

fQ9SHj3.jpg

eNCTOKJ.jpg

And on its' wee base:

GzewaiP.jpg

bdwBmbM.jpg

j4jMti7.jpg

aRRV970.jpg

All Tamiya paints, Moltow 2mm Chrome pen for all the brightwork. Please feel free to hurl abuse, make a comment or ask a question. Have a great weekend everyone.

Best from NZ.

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Hurl abuse? No way! This is a beautiful little car! It's just really pretty. You pulled this off brilliantly in this small scale.

• Like 1

You really shouldn’t worry about abuse, firstly the moderators will step in, but much more importantly, the model is brilliant, wonderful work, I love it.

• Thanks 1

Another cracker Ian, what a little cutie! Lovely paint job, what colour Tamiya paint is it, looking for something similar for a 1/32 Aari early 911 that I have. Did you clearcoat or is it just polished out?

Have a great w/e yourself

Keith

• Like 1

Thanks all, appreciate the comments... Keith, that's Tamiya TS11 Maroon which I've had unopened for around 20 years or so !. Two coats over grey primer, then rubbed-back with 2000grit wet'n'dry, then two coats of TS13 cut'n polished with Tamiya three-part compounds.

Cheers

Ian.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Spiny said:

It looks absolutely tiny next to the paint pot, but is very well done. Good job!

Thanks matey... I know it looks like it's been Photoshopped and I wouldn't blame anybody for thinking that, but I promise it really is that small !!

Ian.

Really nice. I like the maroon, makes a change from the usual black.  I think as well maroon shows off the body shape of the car better. 👍

BillyD

• Thanks 1

That is superb in Maroon. I'm in awe of your chrome work. I have one of these to build at some time. I only do vehicles in 1:48, mainly modifying diecasts or scratch building.. It's interesting just how many diecasts are in 1:48 scale and not the supposed 1:43, but they're usually spoiled by non scale wheels. I cast my own wheels and other parts.

John

• Like 1