This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Jetmorgan

Mosquito's and their bulged bomb bay's

Longtime browser, first time poster.

I've finally made a start on my 1/48th Mosquito production line, although only the cockpits have been started on my 2 Revell B IV's and 3 Airfix kits, FB VI, NF 30 & PR XVI. Now I had also purchased a Paragon bulged bomb bay to go with the PR XVI as I wanted to turn that into a bit of a special "what if" very late model, photo reconnaissance version. I didn't realise that the PR XVI kit already came with a bulged bomb bay so i will use that on the special build. So I have a spare bulged bomb bay that I had decided to use on one of the Revell B IV kits to make that into one of the 20 aircraft that were fitted with the bulge.

Looking at as many photos as I can find of bulged Mossie's though there seems to be a difference between the size and shape of the bomb bays fitted to the B IV's to B XVI's than on the ones fitted to the late model bombers and PR aircraft. The later model aircraft the bomb bay seems to be larger or certainly deeper than those fitted to the earlier bomber marks. although this could all be an optical illusion from the photos I have. 

Is anyone aware of there being any differences in the sizes or shapes of earlier and later bulged bomb bay's on Mosquitoes???