Spitfire Mk. I decals 1:48, fündecals

NPL

1 hour ago, NPL said:

Then there are the old Almark Decals A48-26 P.R. Markings Europe

I suppose that the people behind this sheet were as good as anybody in 'Spitfires' at the time.

I have that sheet as well, but it's VERY old, and I am not sure if the decals will shatter or not. The carrier film has really yellowed on my sheet

Larry

9 hours ago, NPL said:

Did Pavla not revise their sets for the new Airfix?

According to Hannants, only the Pavla sets U48057 (Which I bought), and U48058 are designed to be used with Airfix AX05126 kits.

Their instructions don't mention anything about filling panel lines, like the Airwaves sets did.

The sets U48062 through U48065 are just stated to be for an Airfix kit. It doesn't mention which Airfix kit number it's for, and I can't afford to waste spend the money, just to find out.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

5 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

According to Hannants, only the Pavla sets U48057 (Which I bought), and U48058 are designed to be used with Airfix AX05126 kits.

Their instructions don't mention anything about filling panel lines, like the Airwaves sets did.

The sets U48062 through U48065 are just stated to be for an Airfix kit. It doesn't mention which Airfix kit number it's for, and I can't afford to waste spend the money, just to find out.

Larry

From my list -- I have them -- the following goes with Airfix:

Pavla U48-57                                Spitfire PR Mk.III, VI, VII (Airfix)

Pavla U48-58                                Spitfire PR Mk.IA, PR.IV, PR.Mk. VII (Airfix)

Pavla U48-62                                Spitfire PR.Mk.IC (Airfix)

Pavla U48-63                                Spitfire PR.Mk.ID (Airfix)

Pavla U48-64                                Spitfire PR.Mk.IF (Airfix)

Pavla U48-65                                Supermarine Spitfire HF Mk.VI + decal sheet (Airfix)

Definitely for the new kit, as the other on their list is for the old Tamiya. The new sets only appeared after the introduction of the new Airfix Mk.I. 

Edited by NPL
  • Like 2

I can add that checking my collection, the early series is for the old Tamiya Mk.I, but the sets for Airfix carries the numbers in the 50s and 60s. Definitely they appeared in connection with the release of the Airfix Mk.I. 

One thing I haven't tried out yet is, how big the difference is, as I have both series.

Thanks for that verification. It may be awhile before I am able to get many more of the Pavla sets, as well as the Airfix Mk.I kits to use them on.

My limited disability income restricts what I can spend on my hobby, plus the Airfix kits are hard to find here in the "colonies".

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
spelling

2 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

Thanks for that verification. It may be awhile before I am able to get many ore of the Pavla sets, as well as the Airfix Mi.I kits to use them on.

My limited disability income restricts what I can spend on my hobby, plus the Airfix kits are hard to find here in the "colonies".

Larry

Found two on ebay today -- seller in the US -- but they are too expensive.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, Troy Smith said:

I presume this is the sheet under discussion

http://www.fundekals.com/spitfiresPart2.html#

Great, but looking at the way it's printed,  it could have been done as two sheets, as I note the $28 price is over the UK customs limit.

How are Fundekals packaged ?   I assume in stiffend envelope with a customs declaration?

Hiya Troy,

I`ve tried to send you a PM mate but you`ve either blocked it or your in box is full! Somebody has asked me for your e mail address,

Cheers

Tony

9 hours ago, NPL said:

Found two on ebay today -- seller in the US -- but they are too expensive.

Your Google-Fu must be better than mine. :blink:

I didn't find anything Pavla 1/48 on ebay US.

Larry

7 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

Your Google-Fu must be better than mine. :blink:

I didn't find anything Pavla 1/48 on ebay US.

Larry

Sorry, I ment Airfix 1:48 Mk.I. 

Pavla: Hannants has all of it.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, tank152 said:

I'll wait for the Eduard one thank you very much.

Why? Comparing Eduard's Mk. VIII and Tamiya's Mk. I in 48th Tamiya's product is much better engineered and, IMHO, buildability is faaaar better. Of course Eduard will probably do every possible version of Mk. I and II and decals will be more user friendly. But hey, de gustibus... There'll be more Tamiya's Spits for me :P

I'm impatiently waiting for my decals... Hope to have them this week. 

3 hours ago, DominikS said:

Why? Comparing Eduard's Mk. VIII and Tamiya's Mk. I in 48th Tamiya's product is much better engineered and, IMHO, buildability is faaaar better. Of course Eduard will probably do every possible version of Mk. I and II and decals will be more user friendly. But hey, de gustibus... There'll be more Tamiya's Spits for me :P

I'm impatiently waiting for my decals... Hope to have them this week. 

Well Eduard have said their Mk.I/V will be and easier build and more detailed than their Mk.IX and it will be cheaper, here in Europe anyway. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Well Eduard have said their Mk.I/V will be and easier build and more detailed than their Mk.IX and it will be cheaper, here in Europe anyway. 

In my humble opinion, it won't be easier but it's far too early to say anything about it. Cheaper, indeed.

So let's focus on decals...

Woohoo, my copy arrived just before I left to work. Beautiful...I may consider buying another one, just in case. 

6 hours ago, DominikS said:

In my humble opinion, it won't be easier but it's far too early to say anything about it. Cheaper, indeed.

To early to be postive either way and of course Eduard could be stretching the truth a little, but if they say it's easier to build than they must of made some changes to the design.

But the best thing to do is wait and see, I'm most interested in the Mk.V's and at least Eduard are going to do a Vc.