British Airways 707

Yes, you can, but it will need mods.  The biggest mod is that you need Rolls Royce Conway engines to make it a -420.  I don't think that anyone makes replacement engines so your only route would be modifying the kit engines and that is quite a task, especially the exhausts.  You will also need to add the underfin.

OK, that one is an easier subject. 

Yes, the Heller 707 kit works fine for this one.  I know that there is a complex lineage of the Heller kit and what it can be made in to, but I am pretty certain that you are good to go.

Kit # 80305 contains decals for a BOAC aircraft, G-ATWV, which is the same -336 model as G-AXXY show above.

Kind of a shame that you no longer have those Conway engines, that would have made a nice conversion.

Hi,

Yes you can build a BA 707-300 from the Heller kit, you will need Conways for a -400 as zed mentioned these are still available from here

http://www.hahen.de/epages/64625185.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64625185/Products/72002 but yes they are expensive though.

For an Airtours aircraft there are no decals available in 1/72 that I am aware of. 26decals do have a BA 707 sheet but it doesn't include any Airtours titles.

Cheers,

Ian

You can, in theory, build a 707-436 from the Heller kit but there is an awful lot of work involved over and above sticking a set of Conways on it. The wing is very different for a start and there are differences in the tail area too.

The best option is to stick with the basic Pratt and Whitney JT3D 320B/C that the kit reflects and build one of BOAC's/BA's 707-336B/C instead.

• 1 month later...