***Finished*** Canberra (with a tempest)

Another I wanted to enter, finally got a reasonably priced airfix Canberra. Whilst doing the prublue/camo one would fit with the two fighters I’ve already finished I actually have a corgi diecast in a similar scheme so instead it’s the lovely dambuster scheme in black and grey 132651470915-1_600.jpg?v=1532520298.127

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

I'm now in two minds about this one Stu; on one hand I'm delighted to see your Canberra added into the mix but then I've also found a sudden need for adding at least two into my own stash after seeing the options on that decal sheet :wub:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

😢 kits arrived and its missing the transparent sprue, not the sellers fault as it was still factory sealed 

Damn :( 

On 3/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Sellers yet to post the kit, until it arrives dug out an abandoned build from earlier in the year abandoned as it was sandfest, and gave it a load of sanding 

47413498011_5700d61bff_b.jpg

Is that the Special Hobby kit?

• 2 weeks later...

Seafires almost done, just cleaning up the prop, had stuck the front prop blades on the same way as the rear. Tempest decals are ordered and sprues primed and I may also be able to squeeze a spitfire in, got the eduard spitfire xvi dual combo on its way. 

40581744663_e3e1537c57_b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col. said:

That was quick! Did you forget to take any in-progress photos Stu?

Ill check though there really isn't much to see, just glued the bits together, anyway my eduard spitfire combo has turned up and about to unbox it :)

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Cheers, now no chance of getting the canberra done so do I call it a day? Well theres a MPM meteor F8 in local shop, a look at the sprues online suggest an FR9 can be done out of the box I have the right squadron bars spare, but with other GB's ongoing and the shortage of time I shall have to call me done.

• Like 1

Looking smart Stu. Did you paint the yellow or use decals?

18 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Cheers, now no chance of getting the canberra done so do I call it a day? Well theres a MPM meteor F8 in local shop, a look at the sprues online suggest an FR9 can be done out of the box I have the right squadron bars spare, but with other GB's ongoing and the shortage of time I shall have to call me done.

Yes it is rather busy with various GBs here, not a bad thing, if we only had unlimited time to participate in them all :lol: 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, Col. said:

Looking smart Stu. Did you paint the yellow or use decals?

Yes it is rather busy with various GBs here, not a bad thing, if we only had unlimited time to participate in them all :lol: 

Masked and painted with Humbrol 24....anyway it’s finished and in the gallery 

• Like 1