Airfix 1/48 Sea Fury Egyptian Service..

Hi,

Here is my 1/48 Sea Fury in Egyptian Markings. 

I believe this aircraft flown by Neville Duke Held the London to Cairo speed record obtained on its delivery flight..

OOB Airfix with Ventura Decals.. Painted in Tamiya Lacquer Silver. 

IMG_4799

IMG_4800

IMG_4811

IMG_4809

IMG_4805

Thanks for looking...

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

beautiful work, nice dull appearance... always refrained from tamiya metal paints.. found the flakes enormous and giving it a very weird result somehow, maybe I'll give this a try..

Edited by Silenoz
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah ha! So, Laquer = enamel?

Martin

No Lacquer = acrylic lacquer. It uses a cellulose based solvent AFAIK to carry the pigment. Think Gunze Mr Colour or Alclad...

what uou you get is a nice fine grain silver that can give you many different silver finishes depending on surface prep, primer colour and clear coat used...

HTH

I've used a few of these and it's a rebrand of Mr Colour. They give an excellent finish and can be mixed with other Mr Colour lacquers. 

They will not mix with or paint over enamel or acrylics.

Great Sea Fury Mr Plasto 

Colin 

• Thanks 1

That's how I like to see a Sea Fury – nice, smooth finish, just enough hints of weathering to give a sense of 'non-model' and with the wings unfolded, to emphasize the beautiful, purposeful lines of this superb flying machine!

Great work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand that the new Tamiya Lacquer paint range is the same stuff that we have buying in the spray cans but now in a handy bottle - hurrah!!. I asked one trader if he would be stocking these colours but the thought of having to cart yet another rack of paints to shows was not high on his list of things to do this year. Hopefully these will become widely available unlike the Tamiya enamels. Tamiya's web site lists the colours available. Let us hope this catches on, the paint that comes out of the cans is excellent but awkward to use.

• Thanks 1