Sea king Falklands aew. 2

Hewy

12 minutes ago, AeroparkDave said:

Great work and fabulous to see!  I’m not sure there were any ‘bagged’ sea kings on the Falklands in 1982? 

You are totally  correct, none during the conflict but just after the end of hostilitys cyber hobbys technical boo boo not mine, although they were shipped there pronto I'm unsure how long after the surrender, thanks glad you like it so far

Glynn 

26 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

That’s amazing interior work!!! You must have hands of a surgeon and the patience of a saint. Great work

Hands of a bricklayer actually,  nearly the eyes of a shrew,  and apparently no patience at all ( so Mrs hewy says any way)  cheers valk

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Flipping eck Glynn, 3 pages of Sea King PE mastery! Great work dude. 

Lol, hold back on the mastery h, it may yet go belly up, I don't think I've done a 72nd canopy yet without the gluey  fingerprint😜

Thanks though mate, glad you approve

• Haha 1

Some more sea king shenanigans 

I've called a halt on the interior and set about some mild mods to the main door area, I've still to do the fuel filler point under the door, it is looking a bit more sea king ish though, not much to see I know but movement all the same , a check with the door in position, still needs filler and touching up yet

Thanks for all your input everyone, I appreciate it 

Before

s9YipO5.jpg

After

fdNtOhg.jpg

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 9

I’ve only just learned they refuelled Seakings in the air off the back of frigates with hoses in the Falklands.. I want to build one, looks like a lot of experienced work 

• Thanks 1

I'm having some great pointers valk from @andyf117,  else it would probably have the fuselage glued together by now, great looking helo though, we need a modern  new mold 48th or 35th,scale royal navy  one, that would keep us busy 

Edited by Hewy

7 hours ago, andyf117 said:

It looks like you may have got a little carried away and removed the lower door runner - rather than just "the horizontal strip below the cabin door lip".

Its  going to be difficult to fill that groove nicely  and sand the area without damaging the raised runner, so I whizzed it off, but I've got a plan to replace that after the filling and the fuel filler are done 👍

Gosh she's look so nice, well done. I really do love following your builds!  There's always a lot of care and attention to detail with then, fantastic job.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

that Eduard set was/is marketed as an AEW.2 interior, someone really needs to challenge them on

That's what it's marketed as, you'll have to get an endoscope in the door any way(after a good wash of course), it's like the black hole of callcutter in there buttoned up, it's probably only you and me know anyway, seats part the way there

R6h6MVs.jpg

P95v09k.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, andyf117 said:

Don't mean to put a damper on the great work so far - Eduard's fault, not yours - but if you're getting that sinking feeling, there's always:

Don't worry Andy, I'm in world of my own on this build, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and your input too, carry on 👍

• Thanks 1

Glynn you are making a splendid job of this. I'm going to watch it a bit close from here. Only two days to go and I should be able to get started on my projects. 

I realized I don't need computers to do my projects.

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2019 at 20:49, Rickoshea52 said:

Nice build so far. I’m interested to see the detail on the main rotor head in comparison the new Airfix offering.

Thanks Rick as soon as I get back on it I'll photograph it for you, cheers

On 01/04/2019 at 07:38, Greg Law said:

Glynn you are making a splendid job of this. I'm going to watch it a bit close from here. Only two days to go and I should be able to get started on my projects. 

I realized I don't need computers to do my projects.

Thanks Greg I've painted the seats up I've just got to apply the PE seat belts and I'll button her up

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Very impressive work on the interior again Glynn! Very nicely detailed. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix I appreciate it, back on this at the weekend, for now it's patton time🤓

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back on track with the sea king build, 

The fuel filler has been cut out and the lower door runner reinstated, a  blast over with barley grey to check all is well

xBw426r.jpg

And my scratch built cockpit seats are painted and fitted, with eduard belts, nearly ready to button up, I'm going to use the kit seats with the eduard etch for the rear console seats they look OK from behind

zxXBDXA.jpg

AdxOn34.jpg

• Like 10