Sea king Falklands aew. 2

Hewy

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Sea King manuals I'm not supposed to have but

Commie spies would have paid you handsomely for those Craig back in the day😛

Edited by Hewy
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Dark Admiralty Grey for the interior, with medium blue canvas troop seats on the starboard side (note the CH ones are horribly undersized)...

....crew seats DAG frames with orange cushion covers - seat bases usually had sheepskin pads....

😜The troop seats are yours along with the leftover parts, I was hoping for sheepskin bum warmers though , thanks, looks like I've got to scratch, a roof, 2 seats for the electronics crew, and the floppy radar bag, the water is getting deeper. 

Cheers Andy, much appreciated 

Glynn 

19 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

You probably need to make that four - the pilots' seats as supplied are closer to Sikorsky's later crash-worthy type than Westland ones....

....another advantage of the Revell kit - least their dining room chairs can be modified quite easily! 😀

Now you mention it the seats are different to those I've seen in pictures, don't get any easier does it? 😜

1 hour ago, andyf117 said:

Did I mention I acquired a CH kit solely for its HC.4 bits?

😋 Nope, you must have skirted around that, I still like the kit a lot, I've just about finished the inside etch ,next, on to the roof then, err,, seats, it's getting a weighty beast with the brass

23 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great work so far dude. Looking forward to the next update. 

Hey thanks h, I appreciate it 

Thank @PlaStix I appreciate it, not as easy this 72nd stuff I admit, I've done a bit more, and still more to do I have screens and panels to add once painted in  dark admiralty grey, cheers to  @andyf117, for the colour tip.

As is 

Some would say I'm mad doing this as not a great deal will be seen, but I'm enjoying it so I'll peck on

opNhNQX.jpg

lj49X1M.jpg

DnY7cc3.jpg

• Like 6

I'm sure with careful painting and highlighting a lot of that lovely detail will still be visible. If it isn't at least you'll have the progress photographs to prove it's all in there ;) 

Edited by Col.
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'm sure with careful painting and highlighting a lot of that lovely detail will still be visible. If it isn't at least you'll have the progress photographs to prove it's all in there ;) 

Cheers col, I've given it an early coat of paint, like you say, some highlights and a bit of a wash, and I can put the coloured etch bits on, 

I swear I started with dark admiralty grey, honest guv

uJnyUVP.jpg

cMdsJO3.jpg

s9YipO5.jpg

• Like 7

@andyf117 my version hasn't got that air filter arrangement either on the front of the intakes, it has the more conical radome though as in the first picture, was the filter arrangement a later add on? And am I right by thinking thats the  decca box  on the floor next to the  radar housing in the second picture, taking the box off isn't a problem the top is flat and no hole, I have scoured the net for pictures like yours, but with very little success, thanks for the heads up

@andyf117 just to be certain we are talking about the arrangement of boxes on top of the radome housing, (search water box at the door ) removing the big one to the right and replacing it with a drum shape, ( in layman's terms, of coarse), and a few wires, thanks for the shedding of light

Glynn 

@andyf117   I'm  with you now, i see what you mean about it all .I'll have a bash at that.no glue yet luckily, and  it looks like ive got to add those little corner diagonal bars to the main door too , you'd  better keep me on my toes on this 😁