Sea king Falklands aew. 2

Hewy

The sea king has had some decals applied, before some oils, and a much needed touch ups, it's getting close, but there a snagging list as long as your arm, 

U6B6X4e.jpg

t8SMrt5.jpg

xQYcyZ1.jpg

• Like 8

Just now, modelling minion said:

Very nice Glynn.

I like the paint work, a great smooth finish and good variation on the colour which makes in interesting.

The look of the model  with the folded tail rotor is great.

Cheers Craig, the micro sol hadn't dried on the tail rotor decals in that photo, but I just took the plunge and flat coated it with a tiny drop of barley grey, I am over the moon with how that went, its evened everything out and given it a really nice look, too dark for photos now, but some pe and the rear ariel mount got knocked off in the battle so that'll have to be sorted, and I'm going to tone down the anti  slip black parts and the  black exhaust areas with some oils and complete the assembly, on target to finish it now👍 thanks pal

Glynn 

• Like 1

Just now, Dads203 said:

That's looking rather sweet mate, like where it's going :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, just wished I could have had the skills to put the detail in it as you've done on yours, I did twist the tail rotors a touch, just because, I've flat coated it with a drop of barley grey and it's evened it out smashing, not so stark, bit of work yet thogh

Cheers

Glynn 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mirageiv said:

A masterpiece in the making Glynn, really impressive! 

Too kind by a long way David, I doubt  very much I can raise the bar to those heady heights, glad you like it though 👍

• Like 1

wow she's looking more impressive each time!!

As @modelling minion mentioned the variation in the main colour really works and gives it life. With solid colour schemes they can easily become too flat, but you've done a superb job, well done! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Looking good, except for the roundels - I'm guessing they're the kit supplied ones? The 'pink' is way too dark - may I

It is a lighter grey Andy but I didn't know it was camouflage grey to be honest it's actually a lightened shade of the top colour. 

Yes unfortunately the roundels,your not as disappointed as me, terrible colours, but the best decals I've used in a long time, cartograph as well, (if you pm me your address I'll post  all the spares to you  at the end of the week,) the decals are on and sealed now, but I'm having a search through old eduard wheel mask sets to see if there's a suitable size mask to over paint them, failing that I  have a 1/72  desert pink tornado in the stash I'll check suitability of those,  standard red and blue ones wouldn't be suitable par chance would they?. other than that I could have a go at printing my own as I've just bought some decal paper to print a decal of  849 sqn crest for the base

5 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Glynn, that's going be an impressive model. I look forward to seeing it done. 

Thanks Greg, all my gb's are moving along well again now

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

wow she's looking more impressive each time!!

As @modelling minion mentioned the variation in the main colour really works and gives it life. With solid colour schemes they can easily become too flat, but you've done a superb job, well done! :thumbsup:

Much appreciated rich glad you like it so far

• Like 1

Centre of the roundel has been made a little more pink, an improvement on the original decal I think, I found an old eduard canopy mask set, any unused or ones I can save go back on the waxy paper and filed(jammed in a drawer) I was lucky enough to find one suitable

SFCjTMG.jpg

y0yPaYs.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Those steps look excellent Glynn, very impressive work.

I think that you have improved the look of the roundel too, much better than it was.

Cheers Craig, I can do any more lightening  on the roundel with white oils now it's at least pink and not red, those steps were a breath holder Craig, got to try and get the rotors on and positioned tomorrow without breaking the PE down the folds, plenty of ca at hand though 

• Like 1

Always an tentative part removing the masks, you finally get to see if there has been any creep, and  if all the plugging up that I did on the doors worked, some tidying with a cocktail stick, and a  bit more on the rotors  to do, but the end draws near, 

GDSiBh2.jpg

5gUmW0n.jpg

4jarasa.jpg

• Like 8

Well, similar to a section of  lustys deck, a few home made decals to finish, 

The  sizes are complete eyeball guess work, based upon me assuming the bay area with the dotted lines is approximately sea king size😁

XCOSHYa.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Glynn she looks fantastic.

The rotors look great in the folded position, and with the tail folded too the model looks very realistic.

I think you've done a great job on the deck too, really sets her off a treat.

Thanks craig, to be honest a quickly cobbled together base, still a bit to do though on the sea king

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

That’s the money shot mate :thumbsup: nice work on build, it looks fantastic.

Regards

Dan 

😁, thanks Dan, there's a few more touches to add yet but I'm happy so far, not as detailed as your example by half, but I'm hoping the overall finished  model with the base will draw ones eye from its imperfections 

Thanks again to all who've liked and posted

Glynn 

• Like 2