Focke Wulf 190 D11 superdetailed

Hello,

I present you my last kit, 

I just love the fw190 but spetially the Dora, for some time i planned this one and it took about 8 months or so. The concept behind this one was to show the Jumo 213E engine, which characterizes the Dora series, viewed from one side and below in such manner that both technical detail and also it's distinctive nose shape could be seen.

Modifications:

it's the 1/48 hobbyboss offering. I used the Aires resine engine and quickboost flaps, among the many modifications where a lot of scratch building, just to mention a few, internal structure of the cowling covers, engine support struts, inner fuselage structure, auxiliary tank, radio and access covers, the cannon bulges , cannons and much more....

The kit was fully rescribbed and fully riveted with rosie, painted with gunze and valllejo acrylics.

In full was a very rich experience and the first attempt to superdetail for my part, and  i can't wait to tackle another german subject in such depth (the eduard g6 late is winking at me).... in the meanwhile i'm doing a ki 84 Hayate in 48... but it might take a while for that one to reach the skyes over my flat jejeje...

hope you ike it.

fw190d11 01fw190d11 09fw190d11 08fw190d11 07fw190d11 06fw190d11 05fw190d11 04fw190d11 03fw190d11 02

• Like 34

Awesome work Iggy - amazing bit of modeling - great model of one of my favorite airplanes. Paintwork is superb - engine looks great. I love this scheme on the Dora - you might have to put up a close up of the wing so I can see that riveting goodness. Very well done. I have a 1/48 tamiya D9 in the queue- it won’t be as nice as this. 

Edited by Kitchen Modeller
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Awesome work Iggy - amazing bit of modeling - great model of one of my favorite airplanes. Paintwork is superb - engine looks great. I love this scheme on the Dora - you might have to put up a close up of the wing so I can see that riveting goodness. Very well done. I have a 1/48 tamiya D9 in the queue- it won’t be as nice as this. 

Thanks for the kind words, i'll take a few pics as soon as I can, unfortunatletly some of th riveting texture was slightly covered with the many layers of varnish and effects on the upper surfaces of the wings, but at the same time it took a subtle shade on the rivets and at the end looks the part. It's a tricky bussiness to keep your layers as thin as possible. It's a continous learning process.

Cheers!

• Like 2