737 Max

rob Lyttle

If true it seems Boeing have not lost their bad habits of trying to manipulate tests and rules to obtain the wished for outcome regardless of whether it’s good practice 

The accusation is Boeing were coaching pilots during post crash simulator testing to obtain optimal results rather than simulated real life responses 

What were the FAA thinking???

No doubt more to be revealed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55372499

• Sad 1

Between staffing to make the comeback go smooth and the PR expenses associated with it, a huge amount of money is yet to be spent. "Global Engagement Pilots" will make up to $200,000 per year. That's $32,000,000 if they all get paid that much. And most of us are concerned because our grocery money doesn't go far enough.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 9:27 PM, Julien said:

I had the displeasure of flying Ryan Air once, never again. Like you their use of the Max gives me another reason to avoid them. 

Yep........Had a personal run in with M O'L some years ago and this gives me yet another reason to avoid this excuse of an airline........willing to play with people's lives for yet more ill gotten  profiteering. The 737 MAX is a flying coffin......no confidence in it whatsoever, no matter how much Boeing pay off the licensing authorities to give it a clean bill of health.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Yep........Had a personal run in with M O'L some years ago and this gives me yet another reason to avoid this excuse of an airline........willing to play with people's lives for yet more ill gotten  profiteering. The 737 MAX is a flying coffin......no confidence in it whatsoever, no matter how much Boeing pay off the licensing authorities to give it a clean bill of health.

Your not the only one who's had a run in with the berk! nothing beats reacting to  him jump up and down with a slight grin and silence, but it does appear the issues with the max have been sorted & memories soon go away at the thought of a cheap as chips fare that's why he's so successful no such thing as bad publicity after all.

Eamonn

Boeing have been fined 2.5 bn USD for "profit over candour". https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55582496

This is in addition to fines the FAA previously sought as Boeing knowingly installed flap tracks that had failed strength tests. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51058929

I must admit, I am quite shocked by this. I'm horrified by the idea that any engineer would sign this off. I am fortunate to be able to work with many companies (including Boeing) and I have found the engineers fantastic to work with - although they charge an awful amount for anything!

It's deeply concerning as the culture of any company is set by the senior managers. The implication from this is that there is a problem with the culture and therefore higher management.

• Like 3

On 1/8/2021 at 11:10 AM, wellsprop said:

The implication from this is that there is a problem with the culture and therefore higher management.

There certainly was, hopefully for Boeings future, the rat bags who valued profit over people have been weeded out & they will be back on track now. Hopefully. :unsure:

Steve.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Hopefully. :unsure:

With a capital H, indeed!

Call me cynical, I’m not convinced. With ¥€£$ as the one true religion, I fear it’ll happen time and again.

But, here’s Hoping!🤞 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect this news is not what Boeing were hoping for.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55751150

The suggestion is that its going back into service too early.  You would like to think that after two major accidents that those responsible for the safety of the design had looked long and hard and sorted out any issues before it takes to the skies once more and that, having been done, it returns to service "fixed"

• Sad 3

On 26/01/2021 at 00:49, stalal said:

Production quality issues are everywhere in Boeing. Just look a this report about 787. This is appalling. 

While I'm not trying to defend Boeing (see my previous, very critical, comments) - I do think this video has to be contextualised.

FOD, particularly metal shavings and loose nuts (stop giggling at the back!), are far more common than you would expect across all aircraft manufacturers. Having worked as an inspector for an aerospace company (and now being an engineer at a major aerospace company), I have seen all of those things (obligatary disclaimer - not necessarily relating to the company I work[or worked] for).

Many of the issues mentioned I have seen first hand in various companies. The most concerning comments are those relating to company culture - I have seen nothing like the issues Boeing reportedly has in any of the companies I have worked for, or with.

On another note, one of my more experienced colleagues used to be a fitter at British Aerospace in the early 80s. He was checking the inside of the fuel tanks of a Vulcan and discovered a wooden stool, thoroughly soaked in jet fuel!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...