Fury From The North - The North Korean Air Force in the Korean War 1950-1953

Julien

Fury From The North

The North Korean Air Force in the Korean War 1950-1953

ISBN : 9781912390335

Helion & Company via Casemate UK

fury1.jpg

When you think of the Korean Air War American Sabres vs Russian MiG-15s immediately springs to mind. However the Air War over Korea was started by the KPAF when Yak-9s attacked Seoul Airport and Kimpo Air Base on the 25th June 1950. Even though virtually wiped out in the following weeks it was rebuilt and again went to war. This new publication from Helion & Company deals with the story of the formation of the KPAF following the Japanese surrender at the end of WII, with its re-equipping with Soviet aircraft through to its involvement in the Korean War.

fury2.jpg

This is one of the first publications to concentrate on the role of the KPAF from its often problematic beginnings through to its role in the war of 1950 to 1953. The publication looks the aircraft deployed by the KPAF, and their camouflage and markings. The book is 96 pages illustrated with black & white photographs throughout.  There are 8 pages of colour profiles, 6 pages of colpur photos of preserved aircraft, and 2 pages of colour maps. Areas covered include;

• Building of the KPAF
  • Initial Offensive Operations
  • The 56th Fighter Regiment in action
  • Rebuilding the KPAF & its return to battle
  • The jet age for the KPAF
  • Winter operations, then the spring challenge
  • The end game

fury3.jpg

Conclusion

This publication brings the story of the KPAF at war for really the first time. Very highly recommended. 

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

Well, a few precisions about the different chapter, maybe?

Anyway, that book is on my shopping list since already a few months, as references from  this side of the war are scarces, but also because I've only praise for the work of Doug Dildy, ex-F-15 pilot turned author.

15 hours ago, Antoine said:

Well, a few precisions about the different chapter, maybe?

Anyway, that book is on my shopping list since already a few months, as references from  this side of the war are scarces, but also because I've only praise for the work of Doug Dildy, ex-F-15 pilot turned author.

For some reason the table never copied across to the review from word?