Eduard Spitfire I, II, V, Seafire -- 1/48

Procopius

4 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Still funny that they start with a Vb - I seem to recall that many were complaing when Airfix released a "b" instead of a "c". But at least Eduard announced the "c" already while people stilll wait for an Airfix Vc. Well now probably not as many as before...

I believe the Free Czech squadrons flew the Vb, so the choice makes sense. 

On 3/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening

I hope that Eduard will downscale all these kits in 1/72 very soon ..

Patrice

I agree to that!

Peter

On 3/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening

I hope that Eduard will downscale all these kits in 1/72 very soon ..

Patrice

But I hope not as overengineered as their Mk. IX kit. The spinner and prop are the most complicated parts I've seen in 1/72. I almost changed those parts for an Airfix prop and spinner...

As one can build an early Mk. I, Mkl, II and Va with the Airfix 1/72 kit that have almost every needed parts concerning props, spinners, oilcoolers and canopys, fit is without trouble and the only missing thing is the harness for the pilot seat... ...I think eduard has to work hard to get an early Spitfire Mk. I/II/V that is priceworthy and not overengineered. 

Can an "b or c-wing Spifire" be enough to make the difference for eduard in 1/72?

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B

• 4 months later...

One of the Czech modeller's asked Eduard boss at modelforum.cz about the possibility of Mk. Vb being the next Spitfire version to be released in 2020. The answer was that it si planned, but most likely for 2021 release, as they want to release Mk. I in time for Eday 2020.

As 2020 marks 80 years anniversary of the Battle of Britain and given few subtle hints from his posts in the previous months, I'd expect some juicy BoB limited edition box with a book to be the first release of the kit...

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:39 PM, Andre B said:

Can an "b or c-wing Spifire" be enough to make the difference for eduard in 1/72?

Cheers / André

Let's hope so, as the c wing could be the basis for a Mk Xll

And there's also the possibility of 'progressing' to the Merlin Seafires, to say nothing of early PR machines.

None of these are available in kit form and can only be built via sometimes very-hard-to-get conversions.

Considering how Eduard 'work' I'd be very optimistic.

• Like 2

Can say finally, after two dozen late marque Spitfires in stash and 6 built,only one want/need= please one piece upper and lower cowling-I dont want Brassin replacement-please proper plastic one piece cowling-charge more but...make it one piece..and in plastic☺

• Like 6