Eduard Spitfire I, II, V, Seafire -- 1/48

Procopius

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

"Láďa Jonáš is finalizing the design of a Spitfire Mk. Vb. Other Spitfire versions - Mk.I, Mk.II, Mk.Va, Mk.Vc, Seafire as well as Spitfires Mk.VI and Mk.VII, are also a part of the project."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Seafire 1/48 - Oh err Missus, I'm coming over all excited - I need at least two Mk IIIs 

Especially as I managed to juggle, very unsuccessfully, my Seafire II last night (I think its repairable)...

Edited by Grey Beema
  • Like 1

The fact that they have announced so many version makes me think they might have lost interest in the Mk.XI which they said they were looking at doing in a limited run boxing. 

Anyway it will be quite a few years before all these appear, so I need to get on with clearing the stash to make room ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

The fact that they have announced so many version makes me think they might have lost interest in the Mk.XI which they said they were looking at doing in a limited run boxing. 

Don't lose hope, Eduard may surprise us.

• Like 1

Well as others have said.................VERY VERY happy, bring them on, yes it will be over a few years, but at last we are really starting to get some great Spitfires that we know will be good models.

Ali

• Like 1

Procopius this news is most welcome.  But it is to be balanced against the fact I have just bought 4 x Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Vb as investment that the the 1/48 Spitfire V market would soon dry up and these would become as rare as Airfix 1/48 Spitfire 1a s.  But I doubt a stash of only 4 kits is even quantifiable as a stash.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Olmec Head said:

Procopius this news is most welcome.  But it is to be balanced against the fact I have just bought 4 x Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Vb as investment that the the 1/48 Spitfire V market would soon dry up and these would become as rare as Airfix 1/48 Spitfire 1a s.  But I doubt a stash of only 4 kits is even quantifiable as a stash.

Eduard did mention several times over the last couple of years that they were doing the earlier Spits. It's probably going to be a gew years before the Mk.V appear though, so pick your time carefully to get rid of them ( bearing in mind the Tamiya Mk.V probably isn't that far away ).

Next year is the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. What are the odds of Eduard having their Mk. I and Mk. II Spitfire all ready to go and a big Royal Class or Dual Combo boxing to commemorate this historic event? :clap:

• Like 2

Odds are quite low, something along those lines was already hinted by Mr. Šulc in Czech forums where some people were speculating about a BoB limited edition kit(s). Translated quote (square parentheses provide context from the question that was being answered):

I don't think there will be a [BoB related] book [in the kit]. We will definitely release something BoB related, but the structure of the release is not yet clear. Spitfire books will be related to Czechoslovak pilots, it will actually be a prequel to "Our boys are back". The same will apply to Hurricanes, but we almost definitely won't manage to release a first Hurricane in time for the BoB anniversary. 

Great news. Actually not very surprising, that Eduard will do more Merlin versions - probably most if not all. I would also not be surprised if they will start with the Griffon types in about two years.

Still funny that they start with a Vb - I seem to recall that many were complaing when Airfix released a "b" instead of a "c". But at least Eduard announced the "c" already while people stilll wait for an Airfix Vc. Well now probably not as many as before...

The problem with the Vb versus Vc is that the latter variant is according to many (me included) the most interesting, thanks to the many camouflage schemes worn in different thatres. Vcs also served in several air forces. The Vb however was the Mk.V subvariant most commonly used by UK based units and as such features prominently in the view that many have of the typical RAF Spitfires. For this reason I can understand how most manufacturers chose the Vb instead of the Vc.

I'm very glad that Eduard will now offer both subvariants, more so considering how good their latest kits are

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 2