Aoshima Mole and Recovery Vehicles

Good evening everyone.

A bit of  long shot I know but does anybody know where I could obtain a couple of motors which would fit the Mole and Recovery Vehicle kits please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by avro683
Signature

They should be easy to get on eBay, and I've also found them in model shops which do RC stuff. Try looking for "Mabuchi FA-130" - they're 3V DC motors with a flattened can. You can use genuine boxed Mabuchi ones, or Chinese copies.

FWIW they're the same type as used in Tamiya's Mini 4WD kits, if you happen to have any of those :)

Cheers,

Will

Thanks Will, that’s excellent. Unfortunately I don’t have any of the Tamiya 4wd kits but I have found some motors. They seem to vary from considerably in price, from £0.99 to around £15.00 each.

Edited by avro683

HLJ stock the entire Mabuchi motor range, the one you need works out about between £1 to £1.50. Obviously not worth ordering specifically due to the post cost. But if you are ordering something else from from HLJ adding one to the order works out really cost effective as the additional postage is negligable. Thats what I do anyway.

Tommo

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

Thanks for your help everyone. As it happens the Recovery Vehicle kit actually comes with a motor in it. I have sourced three more (it’s always good to have a spare or two 😏) from Plaza Japan for an extremely reasonable price.