Argentina Armada A4 Attack Trio

Valkyrie

...and they said Model making was a gentle hobby for old men and young kids!!  ⚔️ ☠️ :zombie: :mg: :bear: :penguin: (gotta have a dancing penguin!!)

....am off to buy one now....or something else!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...and they said Model making was a gentle hobby for old men and young kids!!  ⚔️ ☠️ :zombie: :mg: :bear: :penguin: (gotta have a dancing penguin!!)

....am off to buy one now....and something else!

FIFY.  😜

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2019 at 1:19 PM, trickyrich said:

... :penguin: (gotta have a dancing penguin!!)

....am off to buy one now....or something else!

Where on earth can you buy dancing penguins!?!

• Haha 1

Update. After realising 304 was an interceptor with sidewinders and after ordering my MER racks also realised they won’t fit onto 314 due to the in flight display stand, I’m going to have to progress with my final model out the three as my only ship killer with MER and 4 Mk 82s. It will be for the attack leader Philippi in 301. Group builds are catching me up and hoped to have good progress before the launch of D-Day where il b busy too..

47999342968_bd3eb478d7_b.jpg

• Like 3

Arrr that's a shame, but still finish her for the build. Just post the one's you know are eligible into the gallery, the other one we still want to see built.

You know you could always have the display stand mount up her tailpipe......its sounds painful, but then you could have the MER fitted. Plus a mount like that would allow you to pose her in a dramatic pose.....

IMG_3034-L.jpg

....with just only a few tears in her eyes! :rofl2:

• Thanks 1

That Looks like a great solution. Any pointers on how I put it up her tailpipe and where I get or male that sort of stand? Thank again!! 

for the aircraft mount I just used small section of brass tube glued inside the tailpipe, for this build the exhaust can was fitted last. This then slides over the main support tube, that way its removable and positionable, I bent the tube to the angle I wanted. I bought a large bag of brass and aluminium bits and pieces (think must as off-cuts) from my local hobby shop a few years back, would be lost without them.

The base for mine is a section of aluminium tube (it's actually rather large but was all I had at that stage), but a base from say an old desk lamp, or even a wooden plaque would work you could add a nice name plate? Being 1/72nd there shouldn't be too much weight, my Mirage is 1/48th with resin cockpit so it's a bit on the heavy side.

• Thanks 1

Started with decals for the A-4Q 301 Alberto Phillipi who led the attack on HMS Ardent. The decals from fcm really were not behaving and a few were lost, but plenty of spares. Tomorrow I will attempt to make up and paint the MER rack for the 4 Mk 82 snakeyes...

48052041887_8935743b91_b.jpg

• Like 4

Calling time on this one. A bit of a fight in the end. The little Airfix A-4 is a brilliant kit and this was my first time at upgrading and altering for accuracy which kind of hindered my built a bit but a great learning experience. Not wishing to rush the entire project I just wanted to get one over the line and here it is:

Alberto Philippi flying 301 led 3 Skyhawks into Falkland sound on 21st May 1982. All 3 Skyhawks were destroyed immediately after the attack on HMS Ardent with pilots Philippi and Arca ejecting safely, however Marquez in 314 making the last run, who I also hoped to depict in the gallery, was killed in action with sea harriers.

48080876907_27e8c3897a_b.jpg

48080781191_c71af87878_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, exdraken said:

All 3 look really nice! 

Congrats!, 

Thanks very much, they do look better together than alone and hopefully all three will make it and each will be improved to be displayed together

Lovely work :thumbsup: I know this GB in general and the Skyhawks in particular have been an ambitious project for you but the results are certainly something to be proud of :goodjob:

• Thanks 1