Argentina Armada A4 Attack Trio

Valkyrie

40396484803_3ddaf36e13_b.jpg

3 A-4 Skyhawks from Argentina Armada surface ship attack flight. Converted to Qs via some sort of scratch building or if I can locate an aftermarket bits supplier...

• Like 8

welcome along with a trio of Scooters no less!!

I've not built that model but by all accounts she's a great model. So by the looks of it your doing 3 different schemes? They should look great all together.

Good luck with the build, will be great to see these completed.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

welcome along with a trio of Scooters no less!!

I've not built that model but by all accounts she's a great model. So by the looks of it your doing 3 different schemes? They should look great all together.

Good luck with the build, will be great to see these completed.

Oh, now that would look brilliant actually as shelf buddies the three different schemes, I had only thought about doing 3 Navy Skyhawks in the grey....more thought, more fun...

7 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

It's a beautiful kit Valkyrie and builds like a dream :inlove:

Look forward to following!

Dermot

Thanks Dermot, I think I perhaps saw a post you did with a build of this one? Good to have you aboard for tips and advice 

Thanks Moggy for the links, these will be required. I need some A4 Q fins too from somewhere if there is such a set?

That book looks like a must have too, I shall get the feelers out.

Any pics of your current A4Q build at all?

thanks 

40426803843_34a807f51f_b.jpg

Made a quick pre op start as I have 3 to build. Cockpits and airframes off sprue. Lovely neat detail on the kit. Hoping to pose wheels down canopy up on deck preparing to launch so cockpit detail will need to be nice.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

What are you going to build tomorrow, after you have finished these today? :yahoo:

Progress will prob be held here for 2 months! 

• Haha 1

Good to see an aircraft  production line running . All those economies of painting  etc must make this a great way of boosting yearly model completion . Think mine only ran to 4 completions in the whole year of 2018

• Like 1

Intense 3 cockpit action and one locked into an airframe with some nose weight glued in, hopefully it’s enough as these are tail sitters....time for a break and post lady arrived with my masks...and a few kits

46672588264_ce54f28549_b.jpg

• Like 5

Progress has slowed somewhat but we have 3 Skyhawk bodies. A few touch ups of the cockpits paint wise and a tad filing to get the seat backs into shape and allow clearance of the canopy, albeit they will all probably be posed open. Swithering with buying steel seatbelts if you even get these for this kit but might enhance the finished article.

32461359717_505f83e224_b.jpg

• Like 6

Small progress report...wing assembly under way and so far everything is almost snap tight fit, very impressive these little Airfix A-4s. Think I will be getting a few of the impending re-release of this which contains updated decals for the Argentine Armada A-4s, though I think you will still need to adapt them to accurate Qs yourself.

32468859487_325876a8d4_b.jpg

• Like 1

These wee A-4s look great in the air, pity I’m posing these 3 on deck. One point to note when building these, if you are putting on a stand you will either need to reposition the hole for the stand or forget the centre line fuel tank or MER as it takes up pretty much all the space...too late for me..

32469119847_7b79ea0c21_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 3

I’m always struggling with holding parts while painting. Just had a flash of inspiration and while it’s probably already been done I built the drop tanks on the sprue which has provided a handle for spray painting my primer. These are getting Tamiya gloss white rattle can which needs a primer under it I feel as it’s a bit fluid.

47418865651_b3f04e06fe_b.jpg

• Like 6

Quite a hard day at the desk but not a great deal to show for it. Primed and then sprayed Tamiya white gloss. It’s going in the bin, either a bad tin or the stuff is rubbish. All other Tamiya spray paints I have are awesome. Il hand paint the white with Akan but got some flaps and small assemblies in the AS 16 light gray, like horizontal stabilisers below. Mk82 snakeyes and other bits at a good stage. A wee rest tonight.

33545198458_7d8ebf592d_b.jpg

• Like 4