MIG-25BM SEAD Foxbat 1/48 - finished!

exdraken

Oooh that's nice! A lot of work perhaps but the harness looks great :wub:  Will make a nice centre-piece within the cockpit.

• Haha 1

Real nice work Werner. :cheers:

Can't wait until I can start my own. 

The CWS set was shipped from Bulgaria yesterday, so perhaps in a fortnight from now I can start it.

/Bosse 

• Like 1

thanks guys,

I actually planned to do the rest of the decals yesterday.... stencils I mean .. and lots of them... instead I tried to train seatbelts to stay calm and relaxed on an ejection seat ;)

rB273hl.jpg

2vd2gRK.jpg

OACtPUB.jpg

I also will do some work to the seat base color, I think it is a bit too dark now.....

• Like 7

- I'm not sure to be ready to spent hours  trying to get the best of this CWS part of the transkit owing to the tiny size of those buckles and straps even if I recognise it is an upmost adding to get an exceptionnal looking seat.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- I'm not sure to be ready to spent hours  trying to get the best of this CWS part of the transkit owing to the tiny size of those buckles and straps even if I recognise it is an upmost adding to get an exceptionnal looking seat.

not sure myself if I'd do it again.... Eduard Steel seatbelt are also very nice..... just that I only had some for the PD... not sure if also appropriate ;)  and as time is running out I took out the scissors and some tranquilizers to thread  the straps into the buckles.....

22 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Your build is really nice and those KH-58's look like they would do some serious damage.

indeed! and 4 of them!  how accurate they where/ are will probably remain a mystery though! but they where also used with the Su-17/22. and a special targeting pod (Vjuga) https://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww293/binhbeo78/53-kh-58.jpg

the West should be quite aware of this capability!

I assume though that a Mach 1.5 -Mach 2.5 launch velocity capability would add some punch and element of surprise!

whatever,

some decals:

SEgKcNW.jpg

1kaoVL7.jpg

lots of stencils on the pylons as well--- times 4 adds a lot of decaling time to my tight schedule!

luckily some of them are grouped, and the behave quite wonderfully! great job Begemot! :)

6HleOQH.jpg

but worth the effort i'd say!

6an9oq7.jpg

• Like 6

some weathering....

did use a new method.. an acylics wash...that I left on for a bit too long.. so I had to remove it with quite some solvent and force..... ok, heavy weathering ;)

nOe2Irz.jpg

Py1ElYu.jpg

yxEYha7.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

some weathering....

did use a new method.. an acylics wash...that I left on for a bit too long.. so I had to remove it with quite some solvent and force..... ok, heavy weathering ;)

nOe2Irz.jpg

Py1ElYu.jpg

yxEYha7.jpg

- - Looks good Werner, the joint between resin nose and plastic fuselage this side seems difficult. I have problem with the painting of the missiles, it didn't stand the masking I have to strip all the remaining paint off , spray a primary and paint again , before begining working on them I had dipped them in klir but this time it didn't work I should have cleaned them and all their fins more seriously before , I fear  it will be the same for the nose, I don't want to have the same problem once the model almost finished. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

- - Looks good Werner, the joint between resin nose and plastic fuselage this side seems difficult. I have problem with the painting of the missiles, it didn't stand the masking I have to strip all the remaining paint off , spray a primary and paint again , before begining working on them I had dipped them in klir but this time it didn't work I should have cleaned them and all their fins more seriously before , I fear  it will be the same for the nose, I don't want to have the same problem once the model almost finished. 

the joint is probably my fault I even redid it but not to my full satisfacion! especially in certain lighting conditions!

... the other side looks good

jcpfWK7.jpg

MQTcxwC.jpg

PMrTtDE.jpg

wWtQICR.jpg

I did not have problems with lifting paint fortunately, I only used revell enamels as a base. but I took more care when removing mask etc on the resin parts. I washed them before though. the same goes for the missiles. I used Tamiya tape mostly,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

the joint is probably my fault I even redid it but not to my full satisfacion! especially in certain lighting conditions!

... the other side looks good

PMrTtDE.jpg

- I've had the same problem with this part of the nose, I've used  some cyano as putty but it requires a lot of sanding and I still have problem at the left  base of the winscreen as cyano is not clear plastic friendly. I will post the result in some days as I want to show the camouflaged bort white 37 but I still have not enough photos mostly of the left side as it look rather different from the right and I have to wait the weather becoming cooler for the paint.

• Like 2

Looks really realistic.  I've seen these birds looking exactly like that. It is one of the planes I have personal dislike for because of what it has been used for in current times.

However, your model looks excellent. 

12 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

for resin bits try giving them a really good wash in bleach first, then prior to painting give the resin bits (and everything else for that matter) and good wipe over with enamel thinners (test it on the plastic first, some stuff will eat plastic) or alcohol. That should help with paint lifting.

It does look good!! I really have to get one of these! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

for resin bits try giving them a really good wash in bleach first, then prior to painting give the resin bits (and everything else for that matter) and good wipe over with enamel thinners (test it on the plastic first, some stuff will eat plastic) or alcohol. That should help with paint lifting.

It does look good!! I really have to get one of these! 

-  Thanks,  I dipped the parts in a solvent bath whichdo not affect resin  and sprayed an universal  primer I think it will be enough,it is the first time I have to face this kind of problem, I read it many time on diverse forum but to thise days I always escape it. I have to say that I use acrylics paints only is this  reason....can't tell....

last update I suppose:

everything mounted antenna wise, ebgine wise, etc....

I even painted some germetika...

DtstfVs.jpg

5TxtKfW.jpg

6HKv1HT.jpg

HvSWByi.jpg

bMLuX4G.jpg

nlJXJUP.jpg

so hopefully tomorrow, a final clear coat and photos for THE gallery!

• Like 4

- Just order the missile section to install Kh 58 under the wings  and ready to go for another mission. Your FOXBAT is very good Werner....congrats....

-O.K but now the show must go on, which is your next project ,? another flying machine ? some lazy days on a sunny beach ? a trek in Austrian moutains ? or simply doing nothing just watching the birds flying, Whatever have nice time my friend..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- Just order the missile section to install Kh 58 under the wings  and ready to go for another mission. Your FOXBAT is very good Werner....congrats....

-O.K but now the show must go on, which is your next project ,? another flying machine ? some lazy days on a sunny beach ? a trek in Austrian moutains ? or simply doing nothing just watching the birds flying, Whatever have nice time my friend..

and the some work in the pit... and ....

taking photos!

next project? - Phantom GB Spanisch RF-4C CR,12......

then there is an IL-28 waiting next to me...... and 2 youngsters that need even more attentions :devil: 

gallery entry can be found here, with lot more great finishers to encounter :thumbsup:

CCBn6Vg.jpg

awfMdvy.jpg

3mN69Wx.jpg

quMQxNl.jpg

canopy is quite small but highly transparent fortunately

Z6X3yew.jpg

if course can open the canopy as well:

X3qMSUO.jpg

hN9Nz1D.jpg

thanks everybody for 4 pages of support!

cheers, Werner

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 7

• exdraken changed the title to MIG-25BM SEAD Foxbat 1/48 - finished!
3 hours ago, exdraken said:

and the some work in the pit... and ....

taking photos!

next project? - Phantom GB Spanisch RF-4C CR,12......

then there is an IL-28 waiting next to me...... and 2 youngsters that need even more attentions :devil: 

gallery entry can be found here, with lot more great finishers to encounter :thumbsup:

CCBn6Vg.jpg

awfMdvy.jpg

3mN69Wx.jpg

quMQxNl.jpg

canopy is quite small but highly transparent fortunately

Z6X3yew.jpg

if course can open the canopy as well:

X3qMSUO.jpg

hN9Nz1D.jpg

thanks everybody for 4 pages of support!

cheers, Werner

- These Foxbat, a real monster of a beast.......You've rally got it.....

• Like 2